Book Tour- How I Made The Angels Cry by Meleisa Betts



Book: How I Made The Angels Cry by Meleisa Betts

Website: www.myspace.com/433250625
Email: molly.betts@yahoo.com
Publisher: Neighborhood Publishing
Pub. Date: April 2009
ISBN-13: 9780615290508

Molly is a woman who has lived the equivalent of two lifetimes, a life filled with at times hardship, struggle, triumphs but many challenges, sometimes of near epic proportions. In spite of this, she has never backed away from a situation or conflict despite the consequences, many of which have been enormous and there were great prices to be paid. This memoir, "How I Made the Angels Cry" is her struggle with spirituality, sexuality, corruption, injustice, and murder.

"It will take you from desperation to inspiration. What a liberating ride!"

Buy the book at: Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com or order from your local bookstore, distributed by Ingram Book Group.

Follow Author Meleisa Betts on her Internet Book Tour

Week 1

EDC Creations' Social Networks

http://blackhistory365.ning.com/
http://slsbookclubcenter.ning.com/
http://paradigmshiftaap.vox.com/
http://www.facebook.com/EDC.Creations
http://www.myspace.com/edc1creations
http://edcvirtualtours.spaces.live.com/


EDC Creations Sunday News Email Newsletters
18,000 Members: http://www.feedblitz.com/f/f.fbz?html=352823
2, 654 Members: http://www.feedblitz.com/f/f.fbz?html=301498


EDC Creations Facebook Features

Black Pearls Audio Book Preview




Week 2

The Thinking Woman

The Vox Book Club

Social Media Group

Book Reviews

The Inklings

The Beautiful People

Verbal Penetrations

African American by Association

Monthly Book Club

Girl Talk

BeYourOwn.Personal.Library

Mahogany Book Club

Young, Black, and Gifted Journalists!




Week 3

Mothers of Wisdom

MyBrothersKeeper.com

Crucial Diva

WeAreOne

Each-One-Teach-One

AfricanAmericans.NET

Chocolate Pages Network

Black Internet Marketers

BlackInAmerica.com

BlackJourneys.com

BlackHistory.com

BlackAuthorsConnect.com

BlackWomenConnect.com

DMV Black





Week 4

The Writers & Readers Lounge
183 Members

Reading is Sexy
78,198 Members

Passion for Books
10,689 Members

Girls Gone God!
6,425 Members

Urban Reviews Facebook Group
666 Members

African American Authors
397 Members

FB Book club
1,713 Members

African American Fiction
121 Members:

AA Facebook Bookclub
481 Members

Black Author Showcase
106 Members

African American Authors (Book Club)
146 Members

Aspiring Black Authors
354 Members

African American Opinions
318 Members


How I Made the Angels Cry Book Video




Meet Author Meleisa Betts
I am Meleisa Betts, an author and owner of my own publishing company "Neighborhood Publishing". I am single, currently living in New Orleans La., however, I was born in a small town in the state of Alabama called Monroeville. My only child is my darling dog, my peekapoo, MaryBell.

I have always had a need to share and communicate my thoughts to others. I am an accomplished member of "Toastmasters" which filled a need to convey my thoughts somewhat, yet it did not allow the opportunity for me to reach a broad audience. I felt as though I had an important message that could help people.

We all have stories and a belief that ours are capable of sustaining book and movies yet how many lives actually are living morals; examples of what NOT to do and the consequences of those actions? I felt and still feel that there are many people living secret lives with things that they dare not share for a fear of being judged. My mission is to prove to the reader that the best therapy for the soul is not a psychiatrist (although counseling is a necessary process in many cases) but rather blunt force honesty; a raw openness and truth.

Fundamentally a psychiatrist makes the patient talk about his or herself, and in revealing those intimate truths the patient feels better. Why must we wait until the psychiatrist asks us to before we can be honest with ourselves? We give ourselves aspirin for a headache or an antacid when our stomach is upset; then why can't we give ourselves a little "self-revelation" therapy?

That is my approach to "How I Made The Angels Cry". It is 100% truthful but I chose to use a principle of "shock and raw". What this means is, I wanted to leave my life exposed and threadbare, not filter or edit the book for an audience but to tell the honest truth.

Before I decided to always be forthcoming, I was living a shell of a life, frustrated, confused and basically a farce. However since changing my perspective to one of complete honesty and openness it has been an altogether different life for me, one which is free of pretense and pressure to be SOMETHING. I now simply am.

I want the book to stand as testimony to future readers that LIES only escalate, and have to be escaped, yet the truth has to be told only once, and it stands on its own. The best therapy for a troubled conscience is for one to be completely honest with the one person who matters most on planet Earth: Yourself.

"How I Made The Angels Cry" is a memoir based upon my actual experiences in an improbable life, and only the names have been changed to protect the anonymity of the persons involved in the book. It is indeed graphic and discusses sexuality and manipulation of people and circumstances in an open forum that many dare not to attempt. In fact few authors have written in such open and graphic detail, as I have left my life completely open to the judgment of others. I accept this wholeheartedly and if this method helps others to escape their own demons and unlocks the door of emotional imprisonment, then I have succeeded.

I hope that by writing such an open discourse that I can encourage others to be as open in discussing their own fears and desires rather than keeping them simmering below the surface like a pot ready to boil over. HONESTLY is liberating, LIES are condemning and things that are kept within are potentially maddening; Again, that IS why we have psychiatrists, is it not? Through my book "How I Made The Angels Cry" I hope to offer an example of how being honest can save a soul.

Meleisa Betts
Email: molly.betts@yahoo.com

Publisher: Neighborhood Publishing (April 1, 2009)
ISBN-10: 0615290507; ISBN-13: 978-0615290508