Intimate Conversation with author Jamison Davis

Intimate Conversation with author Jamison Davis

Jamison Davis is a graduate of both William Paterson University and Lincoln University. She holds a Bachelors in Sociology and a Masters in Human Services. For the past eleven years, Jamison Davis has worked in the social services field working to assist people whom have made mistakes in their lives. She lives in New Jersey with her husband.

Ella: Finish this sentence for us-I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful...because I believe in my gift. My gift can shape decisions that people make in their lives. My gift can assist with making my community knowledgeable about the danger of bad choices.




Ella: Please introduce us to your new book.
Fatal Mistakes: The First of a Trilogy
depicts the story of four people: Morgan, Leila, Jackson and Sean as they all face life’s challenges and make fatal mistakes. The problem is they don’t know they’re making the mistakes. Fatal Mistakes takes the readers on a journey of love, lust and revenge. It will dare to share with readers a life lesson about choices.


Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
I offer the readers a story about everyday people making some of the worst mistakes in their lives but also putting a humanistic outlook on those errors.

I want readers to be able to understand that even though the characters are fictional, the errors in judgment are real and can land people in a lot of trouble if we don't wise up to some of the things that we are doing to destroy the black community. The thing that makes my book stand out and entice readers is the story line. It is action pack from the first page. Something is always going on in the book that will keep the reader wanting more. My book brings a face to real life challenges that people face today. Sex, drugs and revenge. At some point, many people can and will relate to something that is going on in the book. My book is realistic!

Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
I want readers to ultimately gain a understanding of the choices that we make in life. Not everything that we do is bad but just because it feels good doesn't make it right. We have to all be accountable for our behavior and no that there is always a cause and effect to it. I also want readers to understand that people are affected by our actions and to be mindful of that when we make impulse decisions without thinking them through.

Ella: What is the most surprising thing you have learned in creating books?
The most surprising thing that I have learned from writing books is that as you write, the characters come alive by themselves. You may have the idea in your head or on paper about what you want to happen but as the words are being typed, the characters make their own story. I have also learned that self publishing is one of the most challenging task that I have ever encountered. There is so much to learn about being a successful publisher that I haven't even enjoyed being a author. Actually having my words down on paper for all to see is such a exciting experience that I want everyone that wants to do to try it, at least once. They will be happy if they do!

Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
The greatest piece of advice that I would give a new writer is to be true to your craft. Don't take no as the only answer. If you are passionate enough about your work, make it happen regardless of any negative feedback that you may have gotten from others.

Ella: Share with us your latest news, events or upcoming book releases.
Some of the projects that I am working on in the future is part two to Fatal Mistakes. Many of my readers are already knocking down my door for more. That makes me so happy that people are enjoying what I have to offer. I call my self the sophisticated writer because I talk about real important topics but I give it a twist so that everyone can enjoy the story.

Contact info for Jamison Davis:
All inquiries can be directed to pr@amethystpublishing1.com or info@amethystpublishing1.com

Book are sold at: www.amethystpublishing1.com

Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag