Pursuing Your Passion in a Godly Fashion Prayers for the Creative Christian and Entrepreneur by Nigeria Lockley

Pursuing Your Passion in a Godly Fashion 
Prayers for the Creative Christian and Entrepreneur by Nigeria Lockley 
Wheatley Award Winner and entrepreneur, Nigeria Lockley explores how to use the power of prayer to strategically manage your business and keep the faith in the process. Learn how to make God the CEO of all your endeavors and connect with Him on a deeper level with, Pursuing Your Passion in a Godly Fashion.

Christians are often taught that God must be involved in all that they do. Yet there is little guidance on how to get God more involved in our business ventures in a meaningful way. In Pursuing Your Passion in a Godly Fashion, author Nigeria Lockley explores areas of struggle that creative Christians and entrepreneurs must overcome in order to excel.



Pursuing Your Passion in a Godly Fashion will address topics like:
* Alignment of Purpose-what you want must be His will.

* Finance-understand that you should not feel guilty about earning money using your gift, however money, money, money can't be your mantra.

* Networking-who you know may be important, but God has already ordained divine connections for you.

* Discretion and Discernment-know the difference and use them both.

Through transparent testimony, biblical guidance, and a prayer strategy pulled from the book of Nehemiah, Lockley provides believers with prayers to take the pursuit of their passion out of this world.  The paperback edition includes space for readers to develop their own prayers for each issue dealt with in the book.
     
 
  



Excerpt from the Chapter on Balance
  

There are some who say living a balanced life while chasing your dreams is a myth. You've got to relentlessly throw yourself into the work, striving day and night to get things done and make it happen. Then there are those who believe you need to be balanced instead of busy. I spent three years throwing myself relentlessly into the work. I was on for twenty-six hours a day (yes, I added extra hours to the day). Every day melded into one day until I found myself in the middle of my seventh period class clutching my chest. The next day, I was determined to prove God was able and I still made the trek from Manhattan to Brooklyn. However, before the bell for first period rang, I was out the door and on my way to the emergency room. After a battery of tests and several trips to every doctor under the sun to find out what was the catalyst of my chest pains, I discovered that my body was basically falling apart. I had low iron and a cyst.  
It seemed like I needed to lock myself in a closet and say that strength prayer over and over again until I saw it fulfilled, but what I needed was balance. Every day I was trying to give one hundred percent of me to my writing, to my students, to my children, to my husband, and to God. I was trying to be everywhere at once, and that's God job.

The order of the situation was all off. God has to be first every day and above all things. The same amount of time that we willingly devote to our passion must be allotted to God. He must be a part of all of our workings to maintain balance. Look at how He created the world-one day at a time and everything in order.

To pursue your passion in a Godly fashion means putting God first and everything else in its proper order. Does this life require long nights? Yes, especially when you're just starting out; however, bouncing around like a balloon whose air has just been let out is not a requirement. Don't live an unbalanced life that will have you everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Is this possible? Your gut is telling you it's impossible to achieve balance and run a business. 

But it is possible. God was busy establishing the whole entire world as we know it, and He was never as frazzled as we are. We're just trying to build brands, write books, and open new businesses. We just have to follow the blueprint He left us. The only true way to find balance is to seek God. God worked on a different aspect of creation each day. He built the whole world one day at a time.


( Continued... )

© 2016 All rights reserved. Book excerpt reprinted by permission of the author, Nigeria Lockley. Do not reproduce, copy or use without the author's written permission. This excerpt is used for promotional purposes only.