Tips on How to Get Approved for a Mortgage Loan by Harrine Freeman
A home is one of the largest purchases you will ever make in your lifetime. Here are some ways to ensure you get approved for a mortgage loan.
1. Proof. Showing proof that you have funds available to cover the down payment.
2. Sourced and seasoned. Sourced means the lender can determine where the assets came from. Seasoned means that the assets have been in your bank account for at least 30 days but varies by bank.
3. Debt. Pay down as much debt as possible. Your debt-to-income ratio should be 36% or less (your monthly debt divided by your monthly income).
4. Income. You must show proof of income and taxes filed for the past three years.
5. Collateral. Possessing collateral or assets such as a retirement account, stocks, bonds, a car, real estate, art, etc. eases banks fears that you will default on your mortgage loan.
6. Credit. Possess a credit score of at least 700. Explanation of any late payments in the past 2 years.
Here are some helpful links regarding personal finance: http://www.hefreemanenterprises.com/books.html
Meet the Author
Harrine Freeman is an authority on personal finance with over 10 years of experience under her belt. Freeman is a financial counselor, CEO of H.E. Freeman Enterprises and Author of "How to Get out of Debt: Get An “A” Credit Rating for Free," a self-help book on credit repair that provides consumers with a step by step plan on how to get out of debt, increase their credit rating and plan for the future.
She has impacted the lives of thousands of people in the United States through public speaking engagements and financial counseling. She is called upon by business owners, CEO’s, celebrities, students, teachers, sororities, fraternities, displaced workers, veterans and families. She helps client's prepare for financial freedom, by providing useful advice, resources and the tricks of the trade to ease concerns and really steer clients in the right financial direction.
She has been featured in: Featured in Market Watch, Wall Street Journal, Forbes,The Washington Post, NASDAQ, Huffington Post, MSN Money, Black Enterprise, Essence Magazine, Ebony, Woman’s Day magazines.
She is a member of Credit Professionals International, American Association of Daily Money Managers, American Association of Individual Investors and National Speakers Association.
Connect with Harrine Online
Purchase How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free [Kindle Edition]
Other Sources: How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free