Intimate Conversation with Lindsay Evans


Born in Jamaica, Lindsay Evans currently lives in Atlanta, GA. She loves good food and romance and would happily travel to the ends of the earth for both. She currently writes sensual love stories for Harlequin Kimani. Find out more at:  www.LindsayEvansWrites.com



BPM:  What inspired you to sit down and actually start writing this book? Why now?

LE: I’ve always loved romance. When I wrote my first Harlequin Kimani novel, Pleasure under the Sun, I fell in love with one of the secondary characters and couldn’t resist writing about him in Sultry Pleasure.

BPM:  Does your upbringing, prior relationships or life experiences inspire your writing?
LE: Yes, my mother was an avid reader while I was growing up. She read to me when I was a child and shared with me her love of stories. Without her and her influence, I doubt I’d be a writer now.

BPM:  Where do your book ideas come from? Are your books plot driven or character driven? 
LE: My ideas come from many places. From my travels, conversations I’ve overheard, even songs. Usually it’s a character that attracts my attention and propels the book. After that, the plot finds itself.

BPM:   Introduce us to your current work. What genre do you consider your book? Is this book available in digital forms like Nook and Kindle?
LE: My current book is Sultry Pleasure. It’s a contemporary romance novel that features a jaded playboy who has everything and a young woman who lost one of the most important people in her life at a young age. He’s hot and she’s cool. They come together and make fireworks. Sultry Pleasure is available for Kindle, Nook, iPad, Kobo, and all other e-readers.

BPM:   Give us some insight into your main characters. What makes each one so special? 

LE: Diana Hobbes is the heroine in this novel. She has sacrificed most of the happiness in her life to take care of her younger siblings and her dependent mother. When Marcus Stanfield appears, she’d given up on having any happiness of her own, but he tempts her with his wicked sense of humor and the sensual promise in his eyes. But he’s hiding a secret that threatens to break apart the tentative connection Diana feels with him.

BPM:   What topics are primarily discussed?  Did you learn anything personal from writing your book?
LE: Earned trust is a big theme in this novel. That and the idea of finding balance when it comes to taking care of the people you love and taking care of yourself. During the writing of this novel, I learned not to over-think the writing process. To simply enjoy the words and the characters as they come.

BPM:   What defines success for you, as a published author? What are your ambitions for your writing career?
LE: To me, success as a writer is being able to live from the financial fruit of my work. That’s my ambition.

BPM:   What are your expectations for this book? What would you like for readers to do after reading this book? 
LE: I want the readers to love the novel. I want them to fall in love with the characters and send me email and letters about their reading experience. I don’t ask for too much J.

BPM:   Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included? 
LE: Yes. While Sultry Pleasure is a follow up to Pleasure under the Sun and it would make me very happy if after reading this post, people went out and bought both books, Sultry Pleasure can be read as a stand-alone piece.

BPM:   How can readers discover more about you and your work?
LE: They can find me online at:  www.LindsayEvansWrites.com  and on Facebook
Twitter: @LindsayEvansXOX
Website: www.LindsayEvansWrites.com
Facebook: www.Facebook.com/LindsayEvansXOX


Sultry Pleasure by Lindsay Evans
A hot Miami night. A glittering gala. And a gorgeous billionaire wants to spirit her away. This might be a fantasy for most women, but not Diana Hobbes. She’s at a charity event representing the nonprofit adoption agency she has poured her heart and soul into. And despite the hot body, easy charm and luxury ride of playboy Marcus Stanfield, Diana has nothing in common with him.

Marcus is unaccustomed to having women refuse him. So he is surprised by Diana’s brush-off – and intrigued. Angelically kind and devilishly sexy, Diana is worth more than a little effort…so an epic seduction campaign begins. Lavish evenings, small touches, and grand gestures all say “I want you.” The desire is mutual, the tension maddening. But which will Diana ultimately choose: holding back… or giving in?

Purchase Sultry Pleasure by Lindsay Evans

Genre: Romance.  Amazon link:  http://amzn.to/1dzwicR