Intimate Conversation with Divas Leaving No Pages Unturned

Intimate Conversation with Toshona E. Carter
Divas Leaving No Pages Unturned


BPM: Give us the history on your club. How many members do you have? Tell us about the members.

My name is Toshona E. Carter and I am the Founder and President of this great group of women called Divas Leaving No Pages Unturned.  My bookclub got started on July 17, 2010 as a request from some sister friends whom loved to read. They knew I had previously been a member in another club.

The members names are the following:

LaToshia Enoch-Elston
Cassandra Wallace
Tacarla Young
Jayla Davis
Angela Davis
Erica Whitfield
Jennnifer James
Shantwan Vickers
Shereen Watkins

BPM: What is the purpose for your organization? Do you host events during the year?
Our bookclub focuses on community service. We want to promote literacy and help provide a positive atmosphere for children & families. Also to provide a nurturing environment for all women of color. When were not reading and having a book discussion, we are usually participating in some type of community service project. We recently participated in a homeless facility called the Union Rescue Mission where we packed boxes for families for Thanksgiving.  We also donated to the Ronald McDonald House and  took up a cash donation for The Salvation Army.

BPM:  Have you always liked to read?  What you love most about reading? Favorite authors? 
I have loved reading since I was a small child. I feel that reading opens your mind to so many possibilities. I do believe knowledge is Power.  Some of my favorite authors include Mary Monroe, Adrienne Thompson, Francis Ray, Terry McMillan, Daniel Black, E.Lynn Harris, Rita Williams- Garcia, Zane, Toni Morrison, and Dr. Maya Angelou.