Karyn Beach The Excuse Eliminator!

Karyn Beach The Excuse Eliminator!
As a life-long goal setter, I have experienced the motivating power of goals and the importance of having a plan for achieving them. As a corporate trainer for over a decade, I've worked with a wide variety of major corporations, government agencies, and universities. I've trained everyone from entry-level professionals to CEOs and all levels in-between. I feel blessed to have been able to make a living doing something I truly enjoy.

My passion for life has led me to have a variety of incredible experiences. I've traveled internationally, written a provocative short film called P.N.O.K. starring Danny Glover and even won big on Who Wants to be a Millionaire! Along the way, I have developed a number of rich and fulfilling relationships with friends all over the world.

I love working with people and live for those 'Aha!' moments that students and clients have when something finally clicks. I've found that helping people learn new concepts is very rewarding. However, I've found that helping people learn more about themselves and what empowers and motivates them is even better!

As a life coach, I'm excited by the possibilities that exist for all of my clients and I am honored to help them achieve their goals. With enthusiasm, humor and insightfulness, I look forward to helping you be wildly successful in your own way and on your own terms.

Karyn Beach is a life coach who’s got a true passion for life! She’s traveled internationally, written a provocative short film called P.N.O.K. starring Danny Glover and even won big on Who Wants to be a Millionaire! Along the way, she’s developed a number of rich and fulfilling relationships with friends and colleagues all over the world.

First as a corporate trainer and now as a life coach, Karyn loves working with people and lives for those 'Aha!' moments that students and clients have when something finally clicks. Although she’s found helping people learn new concepts to be very rewarding; she’s found that helping people learn more about themselves and what empowers and motivates them is even better!
As a coach, Karyn is excited by the possibilities that exist for all of her clients and is honored to help them achieve their goals. With enthusiasm, humor and insightfulness, Karyn looks forward to helping them become wildly successful in their own way and on their own terms.


Ella: What exactly does a personal coach do for the client?
It’s similar to an athletic coach but without the sweat! An athletic coach works with the team or the individual player to help them reach their potential. They are there to help them strategize, to practice, to hold them accountable and to encourage them when they want to quit and to celebrate with them when they succeed.

My job as a life coach is very similar. I work with my clients to help them maximize their potential and reach their goals. Through questioning and conversation (usually via phone), I work help them determine what they want and how they intend to get it. I also help them by holding them accountable for their actions.

Currently, I have clients who are writing books and business plans and others who are looking for jobs. I also have several who have hired me to help them organize their time better and clear the clutter out of their space. There are about as many reasons to work with a coach as there are people working with coaches.

The beauty of what I do is that it isn’t about me. It’s about what each individual client wants and helping them to use their talents and their resources to get it. Like the athletic coach, I help train and condition my clients, but they are the ones on their field and winning the game!

Ella: Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful because... I can help people by giving them the tools they need to live their dreams.


Ella: Did your company change the way consumers were previously taught to think?
As a coach, helping people change their thought patterns and habits is a critical part of what I do. I also help them see their successes and what they have already accomplished. Many times, we have done a lot more than we give ourselves credit for and it takes an independent third party like me to hold up that mirror and show them all the good they’ve already accomplished.


Ella: What do you like most about your profession?
With a background in corporate training, I got tired of trying to explain to people the value of what I do. I’ve actually been in a bathroom stall before a class and overheard people saying how training was a waste of time! Talk about an empowering moment!

Now, as a coach, I work with people who are motivated to make changes and who are hungry to learn new things about themselves and how they can be better versions of themselves. It’s amazing to help people help themselves and it’s wonderful to work with people who appreciate learning and personal growth.


Ella: What advice would you give someone just starting out in your industry?
If you want people to invest their hard-earned money in working with you, the least you can do is invest in yourself and get some formal training. A lot of people think that just because they give good advice they can be good coaches but there is a lot more to it than that. I’ve just completed my core certification with Coach U and it has made all the difference. I plan on continuing to invest in my coaching education because the better I am, the more I can offer my clients. I would advise other new coaches to do the same.


Ella: What do you hope to offer your clients or customers to shape their lives?
I offer them the tools they need to create the life and the successes that they want for themselves. As I coach, I don’t do that for them, but I can help them to do it for themselves. Plus, a lot of the work I do with clients on specific issues, they can then take and apply to other areas of their lives. Success can be contagious and it’s fun to watch it spread!


Ella: What are 3 things all leaders possess?
I think most leaders have the right idea about setbacks and challenges. While a lot of people let those things derail their dreams, leaders learn from them, pick themselves back up and keep going. Second, leaders realize that they simply cannot do it all so they surround themselves with good people and they are willing to share the credit. Finally, a leader is a doer. Leaders don’t just talk about what needs to be done or complain about what someone should do, they just do it.


Ella: What's new in your company for 2009?
As a new coach, 2009 is the year that I am going full-force into launching my coaching practice. In addition to offering one-on-one coaching, I am also offering group coaching which is a more affordable alternative to one-on-one coaching. I also just completed my first teleseminar, Feelin’ Fine in 2009 which helped participants work through a process I designed to set and plan for their goals. I’m also going to expand my blog (http://www.losetheexcuses.blogspot.com) and my web site (http://www.losetheexcuses.com)

Karyn L. Beach
10105 Orchard Grass Court
Charlotte, NC 28278
Email: karyn@losetheexcuses.com
Website: http://www.losetheexcuses.com
Blog: http://www.losetheexcuses.blogspot.com


Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center -- Twitter with Ella -- Black Pearls Mag