Intimate Conversation with author Raven Starr

Intimate Conversation with author Raven Starr

Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful because... I have faith.

Ella: Why is it so important to celebrate Black History 365 days a year?
I believe it is important to celebrate who we are as a race and a nation. I don't believe that only in the month of February should black people get the recognition they deserve in the shortest month of the year. Especially now with our new president this is a joyous and momentous time we all of us to overcome our differences and love and respect one another fully.


Ella: Where are you from? What type of books do you write?
My name is Raven Starr and I write Interracial Romance. I'm published with Red Rose Publishing I was born in Paris… Ha I got ya, not Paris, France but a little town in Tennessee.


Ella: How did you start your writing journey?
For as long as I can remember I’ve had a pencil in my hand. I started with poetry and then after the death of a high school friend I wrote two plays. After writing the plays I started but never finished my short stories.


Ella: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
In my book Thieves in the Night, I love my female character Femi. She is a strong, feisty woman who isn’t afraid to be herself. She’s a fighter and I can totally relate to her. King Hansani is a strong and fearless leader. When he sets eyes on Femi she melts her ice heart. I love the King Hansani way isn’t afraid to love and share his emotions with the woman he loves.


Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
I am a true believer in love and romance. No matter if the story is Contemporary or Paranormal the reader will always find an enticing love story.


Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
I want my readers to gain an aspect of love. I’m a true believer in love. I want to be able to capture that feeling and past it on.


Ella: What is the most surprising thing you have learned in creating books?
I’ve learned that writing and creating a world, characters and above all a believable plot is not as easy as some may think. :o)

Ella: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?
How did you do it? To date my most significant achievement is just to be blessed with my books. My very first e-book Fan-tasy is now in print and I’m very excited.


Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
Read, Write and repeat. But the most important thing I could tell a new writer would be, don’t be afraid to ask questions. No matter what the question, just ask, if you don’t ask you’ll never know the answer.


Ella: Name 3 things that it takes to make a successful author, in your opinion?
Dedication, Drive, and Faith.


Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
More books, of course. I’m working on Vampire’s Embrace, a story about a shape-shifter who falls in love with a vampire. There are lies and untruths surrounding Kia, so together I plan on trying my hand at writing a few young adults books. I love creating worlds and characters. I truly love my job and I can’t see myself doing anything else.


Ella: Share with us your latest news, awards or upcoming book releases.
I found out at the beginning of this year that I had won an award for Sweet Contemporary Author of 2008 from Romance Erotica Connection. As for what I’m working on now, I have a shape shifter falls in love with a brooding vampire in Vampire Embrace. I have a loving sister rivalry that ends in murder in Twisted and then I have a woman who loses her mother and her sanity but finds strength and love in To Start Again.


Contact Raven Starr
www.ravenkstarr.com
www.redrosepublishing.com
www.myspace.com/dkraven and my Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=629783799&ref=profile


Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag