America Is Singing, Again by Irma L. Williams

America Is Singing, Again
Irma L Williams - 1202009 -©


Not since the movement that swept across the land
Not since the Marches when we held each others’ hands
Not since the protests we held within our streets and
Not since some of us suffered to be beaten

As I turn my head and my ear to the wind
I hear the voice of America singing again
The sound I hear comes not from the mouth
The songs of millions of hearts in unison, and loud

Not whining, not moaning, Not complaining or groaning
The sound of human kind standing up and owning
The responsibility to love one another and
The right to live a better life

All races, all creed, all Nationalities young and old
Mothers, Brothers, Fathers and Sisters, friend and foe
As I turn my head and ear to the wind
I hear the voice of America singing, again

It has been written “when the unjust rule, the people are sad
But when the just are in leadership, the people are glad”
America is rejoicing, almost skipping along
America is singing a brand new song

As I turn my head and my ear to the wind
I hear the voice of America singing, again
Do you hear it? I know you do
I can hear your heart singing too

As I turn my head and ear to the wind
I can hear America singing, again


Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag