Intimate Conversation with Tiffany Robinson

Intimate Conversation Interview with author Tiffany Robinson and Ella Curry of EDC Creations

T. Nicole has always had a love for writing. As a young child she could be found in her room writing anything from poetry to short stories and graphic novels. Her love for the written word has continued to grow and she now has decided to share her projects with the world. She has experienced much in her short time on this earth and she allows her everyday occurrences to guide her in creating innovative and never to be duplicated works. She takes every moment in her life and uses it as inspiration to do better things.

T. Nicole currently resides in Philadelphia, Pa. where she works as a Social Worker to at risk youth. She enjoys reading the works of others, listening to music, and hanging out with her girlfriends. She takes life as it comes, one second at a time.


Ella: Tell us about your new book, My Own Terms. What can readers expect?

My Own Terms (Kendall Publications; Watch Book Trailer) is one of those novels that deals with the inner turmoil's of a woman fed up with the life she was living. Being married to someone who didn't appreciate her worth nor did he really love her. She was more like his possession and not his wife. Her escape was grand and her plans were just as such. Readers will get to see inside a woman who was living the "right" way but was completely miserable while doing so. If readers are looking for something a little different from what they are used to, My Own Terms is the novel for them.

If you want fleating drama, pick up a copy of this book and you won't be disappointed. Shana, a newly separated woman flees her husband by plane. She skips town on a 757 jet headed straight toward San Diego...a 3000 mile relocation. What will she run into when she gets there? Only time will tell. Read more...



Ella: Finish the sentence: I am powerful because...
I am powerful because I believe in my capabilities to achieve anything I put my mind to.

Ella: Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) stated, "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."- Was there ever a point in your career, when how your life or plans didn't match the theory? And how did you change the facts, to fit the theory?
Throughout my life the facts didn't match the theory. There are so many instances when facts and theories didn't match that I can't pinpoint just once. However, with each instance I followed the same formula – change the theory to fit the facts. Facts are the truths, so for me it became easier to modify the theory to fit the facts of my life.

Ella: Where are you from? How did you start your writing journey?
I can never really answer that question just by saying one city or state. I was born in Philadelphia, Pa., moved to Virginia shortly after, and then to California in the next couple of years. I bounced back and forth between various cities in California and Philadelphia. I was fifteen when I moved permanently to North Carolina, where I stayed for 2 years. Upon graduating high school I returned to Philadelphia and have remained here ever since.
I started my writing journey when I was about seven years old. As an only child, the paper I would write on was my closest friend. The paper withheld all my secrets and never told a soul.


Ella: Introduce us to the plot and your main characters. What do you love most about them?
My two main characters are Shana and DeShawn. What I love about Shana is that she takes nothing from no one. She was not always that way; through her failed marriage and the things she experienced with her husband, she knows she has to take charge of what goes on with her and all around her. DeShawn is the kind of man that has always gotten what he wants. Now that Shana is back in the, he wants her and she doesn't want any part of it. The way DeShawn acts toward Shana demonstrates what really makes him who he is, and I love that about him.

Leaving Philadelphia could only mean one thing for Shana, a new beginning. She had no choice; she was forced out. Her husband couldn’t accept her leaving him and he made every attempt to make her come back. The stalking of friends and family members was too much for her to handle. She had a way out and it was three thousand miles away. Drastic times call for drastic measures. A drastic move is exactly what she desperately needed. Despite her not knowing anyone but her one friend, she relocated with hopes of building a new life. Even with her making a cross country move, her husband continues to be a major roadblock in her endeavor to start over.

Shana’s love for men will never die, but her willingness to be with just one had. There are too many men out there for her to settle down with just one who would inevitably do her dirty. She’s only been in her new life for a week, and already has three men lusting after her. She only discloses part of her past to these men, conveniently leaving out the part about her being stalked by her husband. No matter how hard she tries to dodge the issue, the truth finds its way to the light. Come what may, she is determined to live her life on her terms…



Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
I believe that my book, My Own Terms, stands out because it offers a different take on life as a runaway bride. Read an excerpt here.

Ella: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?
My most significant achievement as a writer is the fact that I decided to take myself seriously as well as my writing. This allowed me to move forward and publish my work. Ella, one of the most surprising things I have learned through creating this book is how extremely exhausting the whole process can be. However, I wouldn't change it for the world.



Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
Advice I would give a new writer is for them to stick true to themselves because this industry can be very critical.

Ella: Name 3 things that it takes to make a successful author, in your opinion?
Three things that make a successful author, in my opinion, are:
Confidence in their work
Knowledge of the business, whether you are publishing your own work or not.
The ability to take people's opinions about your work, whether they are good or bad.


Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
I plan to continue to write fiction novels, as well as non-fiction self help books.
Everything and anything that I am doing can be found at http://www.writtenbytnicole.com/

T. Nicole Robinson
http://www.writtenbytnicole.com/

Author of:
My Own Terms
Scattered Thoughts Of Unpromising Romance, Moments of Clarity



Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag