He Loves Me He Loves Me Not!

Intimate Conversation Interview author Tracy L. Darity with Ella Curry of EDC Creations

He Loves Me He Loves Me Not! is a fresh new story that chronicles the life of Khadejah Johnson, from a teenager preparing for college, to a grown woman in her 30’s, and single mom of two. The story takes readers on a journey of self-discovery and enlightenment. It heightens our senses to just how quickly a life well planned can be detoured by one decision. But not every detour leads to a dead-end and sometimes the back roads provide the best landscape. With determination and a strong supporting cast, Khadejah overcomes the obstacles placed before her and blossoms before the readers’ eyes into a strong, secure woman who does not let her past define her future.

Ella: Tracy, finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I recognize that God has instilled in me many gifts and talents that can be used to uplift and empower those whose lives I touch and once I acknowledged his omnipotent power I immediately transposed into a radiant force.

Ella: Where are you from? How did you start your writing journey?
I am a native and lifelong resident of St. Petersburg, Florida. As a teenager I began journaling as a way to release frustration and from there I started writing short stories as a means of releasing frustration or dealing with disappointment.

Ella: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
Khadejah is the main character and there are several other characters I could easily give the same title. I will go with Vanisa, her best friend. What I like most about these two characters is that they meet at a transitional time in their lives and form a close friendship. Although their lives go in different directions and Vanisa easily obtains the things they both desire, they maintain a strong and supportive bond that many female relationships lack today.


Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
My book stand-outs because the situations presented could be any of us. One thing I hear from readers is that they become so connected to the characters and felt vested in the outcome of Khadejah’s story. I believe I present a fresh voice because I am not trying to recreate the hot book released last week but take the readers on a journey that keeps them engaged.

Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
I want readers to take from my book a sense of hope that there is no obstacle in life that can’t be overcome. And I want to reinforce the value of a strong support system whether it is family, friends, co-workers, etc. Every person that comes into your life has something to teach you but it is up to you to determine if you need to be present for the lesson.

Ella: What is the most surprising thing you have learned in creating books?
I have learned that I have a far-reaching, over-active, but vivid imagination, more so, than I ever imagined.

Ella: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?
My most significant achievement has been actually publishing my book. I had to let go of the disappointment that came with the numerous rejection letters and realize that the people stuffing form letters into an envelop addressed to me, were not the authors of my future.

Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
Write a believable story, develop characters that readers can relate to, write your story and not what’s selling for someone else, know who your intended audience is.

Ella: Name 3 things that it takes to make a successful author, in your opinion?
My brother sent me an email recently that read, “I can pray for your success but only you can define what it (success) means to you,” The three things that makes me a successful author is 1) releasing a book that I am proud to have my name on; 2) receiving an acknowledgment from a reader that they truly enjoyed my book; 3) having readers say they can’t wait until my next book is released.

Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
I have several manuscripts I am currently working on. I have a very creative imagination and never want my next novel to any way resemble the one(s) before it. So you can expect diverse and intriguing books in my future.

Ella: Share with us your latest news, events or upcoming book releases.
Currently, I am still working on the roll-out of “He Loves Me He Loves Me Not!” Readers can keep up with my events, and signings by joining me at http://www.tracyldarity.ning.com/. It is a social networking page I created for my supporters to share their thoughts and discuss my books. I will also blog from this site. Readers can expect my next release later this year. It is titled “Love…Like Snow In Florida On A Hot Summer Day.”

http://www.tracyldarity.com/
info@TracyLDarity.com
http://www.tracyldarity.ning.com/


Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center -- Twitter with Ella -- Black Pearls Mag