Intimate Conversation with Kimberly Armstrong-Hughes

Intimate Conversation with author and community leader Kimberly Armstrong-Hughes

Kimberly serves as President at Diamond Development and is located in Baltimore, MD. Additionally, Kimberly serves as Executive Director-Founder at Eric R. Villines Advocacy Institute and Chief Officer at Diamond Development Inc.

At present, Kimberly is a member of National Association of Female Executives and Governors Office of Children Appointed Parent Advocate. She serves on the boards of Professional Woman's Network, Maryland Juvenile Council and Baltimore City DMC Advisory Board. Kimberly's core expertise includes Workshops and Trainings in Personal & Professional Development, Stress and Anger Management and Juvenile Justice & Violence Issue's and Youth Development.


Mrs. Armstrong-Hughes is also the co-author of 3 all around self empowering books and has become a sought after dynamic inspirational speaker. She has delivered Inspirational messages with several well known speakers such as Susan Taylor of Essence Magazine and Michael Eric Dyson and Stedman Graham.

In her personal time, Kimberly enjoys hanging out with family & best friend, her Husband, and beautiful daughter, wonderful son and his family. Some of her other hobbies include decorating, arts and craft, dining out and learning new things.

Ella: Welcome Kim! Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful because...I am truly blessed and highly favored I have managed to turn tragedies into triumph and along the way god has allowed my stories be a testimony to empower and encourage others.


Ella: Where are you from? How did you start your writing journey?
I live in Baltimore Maryland. I started my journey in 2005 after a tragic loss, my 16 year old son was murdered in 2004 and I was given the opportunity to co-author in The Christians Woman's Guide for Personal Success and I wrote a chapter on Dealing with Death and Grief. This was the beginning of my journey to healing.

I have since co-authored 2 more books Woman as Leader-Leadership Skills for Youth, and Raising African American Boys-Enough is Enough Creating Boundaries for our Sons. This book is an anthology and it is a self empowerment book it has 25-co authors. It has several self empowerment chapters with 25 co-authors.


Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
Good information that can be helpful to them and passed on to others. These books have a wealth of information to enhance lives.

Ella: What is the most surprising thing you have learned in creating books?
You have to be patient.

Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
Be patient and diligent.

Ella: Name 3 things that it takes to make a successful author, in your opinion?
Research, Esteem and energy!!

Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
To see me on OPRAH or to have a TV show that be on the juvenile and criminal justice system.

Ella: Share with us your latest news, events or upcoming book releases.
In April 2009 Raising African American Males will be released and my chapter is entitled "Enough Is Enough: Creating Boundaries for Our Sons" I am currently on an local book tour Christian Authors On Tour.

In May I will began the Professional Woman's National Book Tour and Conference I will be one of the Guest Speaker and Presenters in Washington D.C. on July 11, 2009 information and registration will be on my website and blog. I am releasing my own 2 personal books Later this year.






Kimberly Armstrong-Hughes
President of Diamond Development Inc.
Executive Director-Founder of Eric R. Villines Advocacy Institute
Phone: 1-800-485-8214
http://www.diamondadvocateinstitute.org/
www.ervjuvenilejustice.blogspot.com
kim@diamondadvocateinstitute.org


"Brilliance In Helping Other Help Themselves"
Social-Entrepreneur Consultant, Speaker, and Author

Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag