Meet Author Darnyelle A. Jervey

Meet Author Darnyelle A. Jervey




Welcome Black Authors Network Family, today we have with us author Darnyelle A. Jervey. She is here to motivate and stimulate you to put out your book too! Are you ready yet?



Intimate Conversation with Ella Curry of EDC Creations and Darnyelle A. Jervey.

Hello Darnyelle A. Jervey, please finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful because...I know my purpose and I walk in it daily.


Where are you from? How did you start your writing journey?
DJ: I am from Delaware . I was born, raised and educated in the First State . I was born with a story in my spirit. My name alone means, ‘the secret place where dreamers go to dream’ and through my pen, not only did I learn to dream, but I learned the art of inviting others to take the journey of fulfilling a dream deferred with me.



I started writing at the age of ten, when my journals became my way to escape the hell that was going on around me. I love to tell others that I come from a bunch of nothing; an environment where my family existed in chaos and animosity. Through my pen, I created an environment where my soul could thrive. My love for creativity and my imagination were cultivated in high school as a result of my English teacher, who was an author. Through her eyes, I was able to see the possibility that I, too, one day, could share my love of words with other people to inspire and empower their lives. I have been writing short stories, poetry and novels ever since she showed me the possibility of language.


What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?

DJ: My book is my memoir. It is based on my very own true story, or at least a part of it, as I am not finished living yet. As they say, God is not through with me yet, but what I know for sure is that what I have already lived is a page turning masterpiece! Because my story is the truth (I took some creative liberties so that my story would read like a novel that the reader would be unable to put down,) I know that readers will become engrossed in the opening paragraphs and not stop reading until the story is finished.



I changed the names of each character to protect the innocent, as well as the not so innocent. My writing style is one that engages the reader and invites them to take the journey of self-discovery with me.



The title alone will get readers to pick it up. I don’t know many people who cannot in confidence say “if you understood my past, you would understand my praise.” If a reader has been through anything that has enlightened them and taught them the importance of self-esteem and self-love, they will enjoy my story. If they have not but desire to become enlightened and develop an Incredible self-esteem, my book will inspire them to do so.



Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
DJ:
The ultimate goal of my book, If You Understood My Past, You Would Understand My Praise, is to empower people to look at my life and by using my story as a back-drop, gain perspective and realize that they are worth more. Too many of us allow ourselves to be treated like a cubic zirconia because it looks like a diamond to the naked eye. I want the reader to stop defrauding themselves.



A cubic zirconia and a diamond are not the same and my reader is a diamond and should be revered and respected like a diamond. As people who were raised in an environment not conducive of love and acceptance, we often go looking for love in all the wrong places only to realize that the path we took did not yield the results that we were hoping for. I have endeavored, through telling my story, to illustrate the importance of looking inward and spiritually for the love that we seek.



Once we have found our ability to love ourselves, we can then go into relationships healthily and get the love that we deserve to receive when we invite others into our space. My book is also about helping others to realize their “praise.” The praise that I describe is not just about my love affair with Christ, it is also about self-love, self-worth, self-confidence and true joy and happiness. I know that by unlocking my own personal lock box of issues and family secrets, I was able to confront my past and conquer my fears about my future. I want my readers to be able to do the same.



What can we expect from you in the future?
DJ: I am currently working on three (3) literary projects and I fully expect to produce a total of five literary works in 2009. I am currently working on the following: 1) The Incredible You: Unleash Passion, Abundance, Confidence and Expectation in Your Life, a self-help/inspiration non-fiction work about the steps that I took to define and live my Incredible Life. It is due out in 1st quarter 2009. 2) A Quick Work, my first fiction work, is about love and the power of God. It is due out in 2nd quarter 2009. 3) I am co-writing a memoir, And Then My Living Shall Not Be In Vain, a story about a courageous woman’s victorious battle with breast cancer. It is due out in 4th quarter 2009.

Darnyelle A. Jervey
Author, Speaker, Consultant
Incredible One Enterprises

http://www.incredibleoneenterprises.com/
http://www.darnyelle.blogspot.com/

888.801.5794 Office
888.563.5351 Fax