Meet author Che Parker

Meet Che Parker author of "The Tragic Flaw" and "The Precious Life"

Ella Curry of EDC Creations has a one-on-one with author Che Parker. Readers, find out more about the journey of an author. Do you have a book in you? Are you publishing in 2009?

Intimate Conversation with Che Parker:

Hello Che Parker, finish this sentence for us: I am Powerful because.....
I am Powerful because... I've been blessed with a God given talent to create stories with words. These stories can be insightful, funny, scary, and most important of all, influential.


Where are you from? How did you start your writer's journey?
I'm was born and raised in Kansas City, MO. Growing up I witnessed a lot of troubling events, like many kids in the inner city do. I was fortunate enough to have a loving and supportive family who wanted to see me do well, so I was able to attend good schools, but I never forgot my roots. My family and friends were never the richest people, but the love and support they offered me was and continues to be what gets me through the day. I always enjoyed writing and I've been fortunate enough to have people around me who want the best for me. That can make all the difference.


Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
In my second novel, The Precious Life, the two main characters are Joshua and Kathryn Lyon. I like them because they're ordinary people. A lot of books of have the rich handsome guy and the sexy, beautiful woman. Joshua and Kathryn are neither. It was interesting writing from their perspective because nothing was glamorous, and everything was hard.


What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
First off I think I have an amazing cover. It's very subtle, but I think it's powerfully suggestive. I think subtlety deserves a second look these days.


What advice would you give a new writer? Change anything about your journey?
Read, read and read some more. I think by reading diverse fiction writers from around the world a writer can learn new ideas and develop new approaches to material. And let people read your work. Most will probably offer good ideas. Use what you can. But always stay true to the story you want to tell. I wouldn't change anything about my journey. Everything is a learning experience. Soak up what you can and keep moving.


What can we expect from you in the future?
Deeper stories, new narratives, and more profound meaning.


Che Parker author of "The Tragic Flaw" and "The Precious Life"
www.cheparker.com