Intimate Conversation with author Zuri Day


Intimate Conversation with author Zuri Day



Recently Ella Curry, president of EDC Creations, had the opportunity to sit down and chat with new author Zuri Day. Zuri Day is a hopeful romantic who believes in happy endings, half-full glasses and dreams coming true. She resides in Los Angeles with her family and when she isn't writing loves to travel the world, cook vegetarian food, work out, watch sports, attend concerts and theatre and enjoy the simple things in life.

"Many people have given up on love, much less romance," Zuri says. "I'm hoping that somehow in the love-filled pages of my romance novels, they can ignite the desire to believe again. Anything is possible, when we believe..."

Readers, please join us as we explore the world of Zuri Day! Lies Lovers Tell, interesting...

Ella: Zuri let's get serious: "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) Was there ever a point in your career, when how your life didn't match the theory? And how did you change the facts?
Zuri: Very much so. It was 2004, and I was faced with going back into the corporate world of marketing, sales or public relations. But I wanted to be a full-time writer! I stepped out on faith, quit sending out resumes and posted my writer/editor credentials on Craigslist. It was a scary moment: I didn't have a huge savings account and the bills weren't going to stop while I pursued by dream. A month later, I got my first client, a former Palm Beach socialite who wanted to write her memoir. I've written full-time ever since.

Ella: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
Zuri: Maya Jamison and Sean Wynn are the hero and heroine in Lies Lovers Tell. What I love about Maya is her loyalty to family and strong desire to succeed, to live her dreams. When unexpected challenges came her way, she faced her fears and tackled them one by one. And she stayed true to who she was.

What I love about Sean (besides his being a fine piece of chocolate) is how he takes care of Maya after falling in love with her. He finds himself in a tricky situation with her, one he could never have imagined, and as much as he was determined to do the job for which he'd been hired, he was determined to protect her at all costs.


Ella: What makes your book, Lies Lovers Tell, stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
Zuri: Lies Lovers Tell
has a bit of everything: love, sex, mystery, intrigue. There's drama, comedy and never a dull moment. This novel is realistic enough for the reader to relate yet edgy enough to provide the perfect literary escape.


Ella: Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
Zuri: ...I believe I am.


Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
Zuri: Body By Night
comes out in March, '09. Ella, I know I'm biased but I absolutely love this story. It's about a woman who after being used, abused and confused...decides to take back her life. One of the issues she tackles is her weight. That's how she meets Night Simmons, a personal trainer at Bally Fitness. One look at this mass of muscles and the gym isn't the only place she wants to work out with this brotha!

While providing ample steamy love and crazy conflict, this novel also addresses Type II Diabetes and high blood pressure, two diseases that are at epidemic proportions in the African-American community. So it was rewarding to cast a light on these issues even as I hopefully entertained.

Ella: Thank you Zuri for joining us to day. Readers you can find out more about Zuri by visiting the links below.

Website: http://www.zuriday.com/
email: zuriday@ymail.com


Brought to you by EDC Creations Media Group
http://www.edc-creations.com/