Meet author Seth M. Ferranti


Meet author Seth M. Ferranti the Gorilla Convict Writer

Seth M. Ferranti, federal prison register 18205-083, is the Gorilla Convict Writer. In 1993, after spending two years as a top-15 fugitive on the US Marshal's most wanted list, he was captured and sentenced to 304 months under the federal sentencing guidelines for an LSD Kingpin conviction and committed to the custody of the Attorney General.

A first-time, non-violent offender, Ferranti has served 15 years of his 25-year mandatory minimum sentence. His case was widely covered by The Washington Post and Washington Times, and his story was profiled in the pages of Rolling Stone and Don Diva magazine. His current release date is October, 2015.

During his incarceration Ferranti has worked to better himself by making preparations for his eventual release back into society. Ferranti earned an AA degree from Penn State, and a BA degree from the University of Iowa through correspondence courses. He is currently pursuing his Masters from California State University, Dominguez Hills.

Along with his studies, Ferranti writes about the prison experience. Numerous magazines including "Don Diva, Slam", "Vice", "FHM". "King", "Feds", "The Ave" have shown love, publishing Seth's articles. His work as a prison basketball journalist has led to international recognition in Spanish, French, Italian and Mexican magazines and his articles on prison ballers appear on www.hoopshype.com and http://www.prisonerlife.com/


EDC Creations interviews Gorilla Convict Writer, Seth M. Ferranti.

EDC:: Seth where are you from?
I was born and raised in Southern California, but I lived overseas in England and Germany as a teenager too. I ended up in Northern Virginia where I caught my case. I am now in FCI Loretto in PA, my 6th federal prison. I am finishing up a 304 month sentence I started in 1993.


EDC:: What makes your books stand out and would make a reader pick it up?

My first book, Prison Stories, is a recent take on prison life. It describes life in the feds as I experienced it. I wrote the book in emulation of the classic prison books like Soledad Brother by George Jackson but the book fell into the urban fiction genre. My second book, Street Legends, is a one of a kind compilation of six of the biggest street legends of our times. I cover the life and times of the gangsters your favorite rappers rap about. And the stories my book depicts are the ones you could only hear from the inside of a prison cell.

EDC:: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
I think the reader can gain insight on prisons, criminals and the death b4 dishonor street code from my books. They can journey into worlds they might not want to really enter. They can walk on the dark side with me as their guide and experience prison life and the real life myths of street legends.


EDC:: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer? How did you do it?
My books, website gorillaconvict.com, publishing company Gorilla Convict Publications- all of which I started from prison are my most significant achievements as a writer. By doing all this from here I am working for my future and eventual release, so that I can be a productive member of society upon my release.


EDC:: What can we expect from you in the future?
I will keep writing and putting out books. I have a lot of ideas. I'm working on Street Legends vol 2, Prison Stories II, a Supreme Team book and more. I will keep writing for www.urbanbooksource.com, my blog on www.gorillaconvict.com and Don Diva. I will keep doing what I have been doing to get my name out there through my brand Gorilla Convict.

Prison Stories is a real-life look into the life of prisoners confined in the Bureau of Prisons. Short story vignettes interwoven throughout the pages offer readers a vicarious, personal experience of everything prison is...the power-tripping of guards, gangs, prisoners getting turned out, killings, and more.