Intimate Conversation with Paulette Harper

Intimate Conversation with Paulette Harper

In addition to being an award winning author of Completely Whole, Paulette is an inspirational speaker, as well as a writing workshop instructor. She has a passion to coach aspiring authors and speaks into the lives of women from every walk of life. Her literary works have been spotlighted in a growing number of publications, including CBN, Real Life Real Faith Magazine, and Black Pearls Magazine. She has also appeared on numerous local and online radio shows.  Paulette resides in Northern California.

BPM: Could you tell us something about your most recent work? 

Secret Places Revealed is an inspirational romance story. Both characters have experience pain from past relationships that makes it difficult to get past and embrace the possibility that love is possible the second time around.

BPM: Is Secret Places Revealed available on Nook and Kindle?

Yes. Secret Places Revealed is available on Nook, Kindle and Paperback.

BPM: Give us some insight into your main characters or speakers.

The hero, Aaron Blackman has been hurt from a previous relationship and now he has vowed not to be in another one. While the heroine, Simone is slowly recovering from a traumatic loss that has left her still bruised and unwilling to move past the pain to discover a second chance at love.

Aaron Blackman is not looking for love, in fact the only thing he has on his agenda is adding to his real estate development portfolio, while Simone Herron has her own internal battles with trust and abandonment. One decision on her part leads her to meet the eligible bachelor who is smitten by her, but has made a vow to himself not to get involved.

BPM: What makes each one so special?

I believe what makes Aaron special is the fact that he knows his weaknesses and he is willing to own up to them to make the changes he needs in his life. What makes Simone special is her ability to face her challenges and accept that it’s okay to move forward and experience love again.

BPM: What inspired you to sit down and actually start writing this book?

The inspiration behind SPR comes from a desire to write a fiction book. This is my first novel and it has been such a learning process. Crossing over to another genre has been rewarding, challenging and it has stretched me beyond my own imagination. But I have loved every moment.

BPM: What did you enjoy most about writing Secret Places Revealed?

What I enjoyed most about writing Secret Places Revealed was I finally understood what other writers meant when they said “Those characters in my head keep talking.” These characters had a mind and will of their own and they pretty much give the direction of the story.

BPM: Where do your book ideas come from?

Being that I am a romantic at heart, reading romance stories comes easy for me. I wanted to write something that I could identify with and share with readers who also love reading inspirational romance stories.

Most of my books are inspirational non-fiction but I wanted to write a fiction love story for quite some time. It was just a matter of how was I going to put two people together, cause friction in their relationship and cause them to be reconciled again.

BPM: Are your books plot-driven or character-driven? 

Secret Places Revealed is my first novel and it is character driven. Although these are fictional characters, their personal struggles are real. Aaron and Simone are two individuals whose hearts have been shattered and their experiences in life have left them broken. Not broken beyond repair, but broken enough that it will take an intervention to bring them together.

BPM: How does your book relate to your present situation or journey?

Personally my book relates to me. I’ve taken these characters and tried my best to develop them in ways that readers can find themselves identifying with. Although these are fictional characters what they experience in life is real. I believe it’s these kind of stories that will build my reader base, speak to readers and cause readers to keep coming back.

BPM: Did you learn anything personal from writing your book?

Yes. I did. Personally, I found that I do have the ability to write a fiction story that readers can fall in love with. Sometimes life and people can discourage you from going after your own dreams. I’m very thankful to God for the ability to pen and write stories for both nonfiction and fiction readers.

BPM: What were your goals and intentions in writing this book and how well do you feel you achieved them?

I love to mix real life stories into my fiction. Although each story is unique, we experience some of the same feelings, situations and challenges in life in which the reader can identity. With the ability to craft fiction books, it gives me the opportunity to live through each character. I believe I have achieved my goals with SPR.

BPM: What projects are you working on at the present?

Currently, I’m working on a Christmas romance novella. It’s in its early stages with the development of the characters and story line.

Website:  http://www.pauletteharper.com
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/pauletteharper
Amazon author page:  http://amzn.com/e/B004FEJKCQ
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/authorpauletteharper
Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/pauletteharper1 
Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5824102.Paulette_Harper


Purchase Secret Places Revealed by Paulette Harper
Genre: Inspirational Romance.  Clean Fiction.
Amazon link:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/0989969150