Intimate Conversation with Patricia A. Saunders

Intimate Conversation with Patricia A. Saunders

Self-published award winning author, Patricia A. Saunders was born and raised in Connecticut before relocating to the San Francisco Bay Area nearly 20 years ago. She received her Master’s in Management from the University of Phoenix in 2011. After the passing of her mother who had Alzheimer’s, Patricia decided that all the words that she kept to herself were to be released.

In March of 2016 she released her fourth book This Too Shall Pass, this book of poetry touches on the subject of suicide, death, love and faith. Her work has been featured on In the Company of Poet, Women Owned Business Club Magazine, and Coach Deb Bailey Secret of Success Talk Radio. She performs locally at spoken word events and Capital Jazz SuperCruise Open Mic with Grammy Award Winner Eric Roberson. Saunders is a monthly blogger to Blessed & Curvy http://blessedpoetpat.blogspot.com

Ms. Saunders recently was one contributing writer of 300 women across the world for Sister with Ink Voices (Hill-Dudley, 2013) She works as a supervisor for a corporate financial organization. In her spare time, Patricia enjoys writing poetry, traveling, spending time with family and wine tasting.  Her books are available at your local book retailers and at www.patriciaasaunders.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com

BPM: Could you tell us something about your most recent work? 
The book was written after going through the storms and realizing I made it. I had to appreciate everything that I went through to see the blessing. Is this book available on Nook and Kindle? It is available on both.

BPM: Give us some insight into your main characters or speakers. 

The book is of poetry that covers my personal experience, anything that impacted me such as our young black men being slain and other people stories shared. What makes each one so special? As a reader you can relate to the experiences because it touches the heart, spirit, and makes you reflect.

BPM: What inspired you to sit down and actually start writing this book? 

My mother was an ordained minister who had Alzheimer’s and seeing her decline quickly made me what to have a legacy to leave behind. My words. Why now? If I inherit the disease I want to get all the words out now before I can’t.

BPM: What did you enjoy most about writing this book?
Remembering experiences of my youth when both parents were living.

BPM: Where do your book ideas come from? 
It comes from life. If I am happy, sad, grieving, and seeing something in the news I have to express it. Are your books plot-driven or character-driven? No Why? Poetry

BPM: Are there under-represented groups or ideas featured in your book? 

I touch on a subject that people don’t want to discuss. Suicide. If so, discuss them. I was seeing in the media people who you thought had it all committing suicide, I knew for myself after my mother passed I felt that my world was turned upside down and I was losing everything. I wanted to get in the ground and go with her.

BPM: How does your book relate to your present situation, spiritual practice or journey? 

I was self-employed, making six figured, living in a gated community. I was a happy. The rug got pulled from under my feet and I was lost. On the brink of being homeless and offered to stay at a shelter. It drew me closer to my faith, I was blessed with people in my life to pour into me positive mantras, and I started my second chance. I went back to school and received my Master’s degree. There are people out there who can relate to my journey.

BPM: Did you learn anything personal from writing your book? 

I learned that I am stronger than I thought. That there may be dark days but the sun is going to shine.

BPM: Can you share some stories about people you met while researching this book? 

There are my Saturday morning hair salon divas who share stories with me about love, how to deal with challenges, and more. My friends share with me about being single, over 50 and the struggles we go through.

BPM: What were your goals and intentions in writing this book, and how well do you feel you achieved them?

I feel this book is a testament for those who are going through any of life’s challenges to know you can come through. I wanted to pay homage to three women who sent me separate notes all saying This Too Shall Pass! I have been good reviews from those reading it. I feel if I touch one person than my vision has met its goal.

BPM: What projects are you working on at the present? 

I have written a book a year except in 2014 but that’s because I was writing two books at once. Now for 2017 the next book I have writing about love so for those on the journey with me maybe it’s knocking at the door!

BPM: How can readers discover more about you and your work? 

www.patriciaasaunders.com
www.facebook.com/blessedpoetpat
www.instagram.com/blessedpoetpat
www.pinterest.com/blessedpoetpat
www.twitter.com/blessedpoetpat
http://blessedpoetpat.blogspot.com