Intimate Conversation with Angelena Vernon

Intimate Conversation with Angelena Vernon

Angelena Vernon
was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland and received her education from the Baltimore City public school system. She furthered her education by attending Coppin State College University, where she received her Bachelor Degree in Social Work. She resides on the Eastern Shore of Maryland with her husband and children.

BPM: How did you get to be where you are in life today? Who or what motivated you?
There are many factors that played a part in how I got to where I am today; one major factor is my personal relationship with God who gave me a mind to follow my dreams. My vision was to write a book with all types of poems in it. Through God‘s guidance, grace and strength, the book was written— “Peace in the Valley”.

BPM: Who does you body of literary work speak to?
My poems speak to everyone. Each poem has a different meaning and message for the readers. Everyone can benefit from reading “Peace in the Valley” because the book speaks on life’s circumstances, people we encounter and things we face on a daily basis. The poems will minister to those who need comfort and closure after dealing with things beyond their control.

BPM: What inspired you to sit down and actually start writing a book? Why Now?
What motivated me to write was God. He inspired me to sit down and write as he gave me the words to write on paper. I would not have known what to write had God not given me the revelation and knowledge of things I had not known.

BPM: What did you enjoy most about writing this book?
I enjoyed how God used the words I wrote to actually encourage ME.

BPM: Where do your book ideas come from? 
Some ideas came from experiences, while others came from insight that God gave me.

BPM: Could you tell us something about your most recent work? Is this book available on Kindle?
It’s an awesome poem book that speaks on the many circumstances of life. It is meant to be thought provoking, funny, and most of all uplifting. It will be available on Kindle.

BPM: Give us some insight into your main characters or speakers. What makes each one so special?
The book takes the reader on a journey through many life experiences and puts them in poetic form.

BPM: Are there under-represented groups or ideas featured in your book? If so, discuss them.
There is one poem in particular that speaks on child molestation. I believe that this is a topic that people feel awkward and shameful about discussing.

BPM: How does your book relate to your present spiritual practice or journey?
My book continues to inspire and uplift me in many aspects of my life.

BPM: Did you learn anything personal from writing your book? 
I learned that God can take words you wrote and comfort you with them. He can and will use anything to bless you.

BPM: What were your goals and intentions in this book, and how well do you feel you achieved them?
My goal and desire for my book was that it would touch the hearts of those who read it. I wanted the words of the poems to inspire, heal, comfort and deliver those who read them. I feel that the goal was accomplished because the book has been a comfort to me.

BPM: What projects are you working on at the present time?
I’m currently working on another poem book that elaborates more on life’s journeys. One particular poem speaks on being in a comfort zone.