Article: Save for Retirement or Pay Down Debt by Harrine Freeman
Save for Retirement or Pay Down Debt
by Harrine Freeman
by Harrine Freeman
Your financial, family or health situation can change at any time so it’s better to have little to no debt. Here are 5 ways to help you plan for retirement and pay down debt.
1. Downsize or downgrade. Scale back temporarily by making adjustments to your lifestyle by moving to a smaller home or trading in your luxury car for a compact or mid-size car.
2. Retirement. Contribute the maximum amount towards your retirement.
3. Debt. If you’re in debt due to credit cards, student loans or late payments paying those off should be a priority. Focus on one bill at a time starting with the smallest bill.
4. Peer Pressure. Avoid peer pressure from your co-workers, children and friends to buy things you can’t really afford. This behavior results in financial disaster.
5. Automate. Get organized and automated your finances. Use tools to help track your money and pay bills online or use automatic paycheck deduction. This will prevent you from paying late fees, help you easily keep track of your money and help you achieve financial goals.
Here are some helpful links regarding personal finance: http://www.hefreemanenterprises.com/books.html
About the Author
Harrine Freeman is a credit repair expert and CEO of H.E. Freeman Enterprises, a credit repair and personal finance services company. She provides personal consultations to teach consumers how to get out of debt and learn how to manage their finances. She also provides debt management workshops for schools, churches and organizations. Read more at: http://www.hefreemanenterprises.com
Connect with Harrine Online
Purchase How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free [Kindle Edition]
Other Sources: How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free