Article: How to File Taxes For Free by Harrine Freeman
How to File Taxes For Free by Harrine Freeman
Filing taxes can be a burden for many taxpayers. There are several options for filing taxes and some taxpayers are eligible to file their taxes for free. Here are 5 ways to file your taxes for free.
1. Free Software. If your adjusted gross income is $60,000 or less you can use free tax software such as: Turbo Tax, Free TaxAct or Tax Slayer.
2. Use Free Forms. Anyone can use free file fillable forms from freefilefillableforms.com. The site provides online versions of paper federal tax forms.
3. Use Free Services. Find free tax clinics in you earn less than $60,000 per year at: www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or contact AARP if you 50 or older, go here for the assistance, click now.
4. Paper forms. Use paper tax forms to file your taxes and mail them to the IRS. If you filed last year’s taxes with paper forms the IRS will mail you forms this year. The only cost is postage. To order paper tax forms call 800-829-3676 Monday - 7 am - 7 pm.
5. VITA. You can get your taxes prepared for free using the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program call 1-800-906-9887.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Locator
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized tax preparation for low-to moderate-income taxpayers - especially those 60 and older - at more than 5,000 locations nationwide. Find a location near you by searching below. Don't forget to bring your important documents to the site, especially those related to the Affordable Care Act. Access the complete list here: http://www.aarp.org/applications/VMISLocator/taxAideLocations.action;jsessionid=5AEEBC90128900C378FC28E047FDF3D4
Here are some helpful links regarding personal finance: http://www.hefreemanenterprises.com/resources.html
About the Author
Harrine Freeman is a credit repair expert and CEO of H.E. Freeman Enterprises, a credit repair and personal finance services company. She provides personal consultations to teach consumers how to get out of debt and learn how to manage their finances. She also provides debt management workshops for schools, churches and organizations. Read more at: http://www.hefreemanenterprises.com
Connect with Harrine Online
Purchase How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free [Kindle Edition]
Other Sources: How to Get Out of Debt: Get an "A" Credit Rating for Free