#BondingThruBooks Speaker - Charmaine Galloway



Intimate Conversation with Charmaine Galloway


Charmaine Galloway
was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio. Writing has been her passion and a positive emotional outlet since middle school. As a teen, writing in her journal allowed her to escape the negativity of her world. Around that time she also began writing her first Christian fiction novel. She finds joy in creating unique and awe-inspiring storylines for the characters in her stories. Ingenuity and imagination is a mainstay and compass in her work.

Titles by Charmaine includes: My World, Through My Eyes, a poetry book. Girlfriends Secrets, The Secrets They Kept, Tyree’s Love Triangle and Golden are Amazon Bestselling novels. Heaven’s Cry, a short story. Girl Talk and Find The Princess Within are two inspirational books for teen girls. I love Myself As I Am and Mommy’s Little Superhero, are two children’s book.

Ms. Galloway has a Bachelor of Arts in Family Life Education and an Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Becoming a fierce advocate and supporter of troubled young women has been a goal of hers since overcoming struggles of her own as a young woman. “I believe turning a blind eye or deaf ear to our struggling youth only promotes destruction and demise. They are human. They have a voice. You’ll be surprised by what you can learn from them if you just listen.”

Being the wearer of many proverbial ‘hats’, Charmaine is the founder of Charming Gal Publications. She is the CEO and jewelry designer at Forever Divas Fashionable Jewelry, her online jewelry boutique and owner of Amazing Grace Childcare. However, the most important ‘hat’ she wears is that of Mom to her two children. Following her dreams as a writer and entrepreneur will leave a beautiful legacy for them by encouraging them to work hard to achieve their dreams because their Mom didn't quit reaching for hers.

“As a new author I think it is very important that my readers get to know me. I'm a writer with Christian values and I hope to inspire people with the stories that I pen. My characters are everyday people going through struggles and obstacles because life is not perfect.  With every story I create, there is a testimony that my characters will share about life and how they were transformed to become better people. Every story does not have a “happily ever after” ending and neither does real life.”

Charmaine is currently working on new projects so keep a look out for her upcoming releases. Please visit www.charmainegalloway.com to check out her blogs and new blurbs.


BPM: Share with us your personal journey into publishing. Was this a fun time in your life?

I began writing in my journal as a teen and then my journal entries lead to me writing poetry about personal events and issues in my life. I started writing my fist manuscript while I was attending college. But being a single parent and trying to finish my education, I had no time to complete it so I shoved the manuscript under my bed and that is where it stayed for over ten years. In 2012 my cousin introduced me to a guy she went to school with who was an author and a designer. We talked and he told me what I needed to know to self-publish my book. In 2013 I self-published my debut novel, Girlfriends Secrets. That was a very fun, proud and exciting time in my life.

BPM: How did you get to be where you are in your life today? Who or what motivated you?

I have ten books, that are now available in paperback and most of them are in eBook format. I got where I am today by the grace of God and by doing my research, working really hard to get the word out about my books and a lot of sleepless nights. I love reading and learning new thinks about marketing, promotions and perfecting my craft. My two children are my motivators. I want them to know that they can do anything they set their minds to do. I also want to leave a legacy for them after I am gone.

BPM: Who does your body of literary work speak to? Do you consider authors as role models?

My body of literary work speaks to the whole family (adults, teens and children) Yes I do consider some authors as role models they have paved the way and now it’s my time to shine and write the best stories that I can write.

BPM: Could you tell us something about your most recent work? 

My recent work is titled Tyree’s Love Triangle which is the third and last book in The Secrets Trilogy. Tyree struggled to keep his family together after his wife found out about the secret he had been holding on to. This book is available in paperback and eBook format.

BPM: Give us some insight into your main characters or speakers. What makes each one so special? 

Tyree is the son of one of the women from the first two books in the trilogy. He has been through a lot and seen a lot in his life. Now that Tyree is grown, he is suffering from some of the demons in his past. He will have to come to his senses and let God into his word so he can save his family before he loses them.

BPM: What inspired you to sit down and actually start writing this book? Why now?

Tyree has an addiction that most people do not want to talk about. I wanted to write about it to inform people that the addiction is present in a lot of people’s lives. I write to shed light on things that are relevant in the world today. The issues that most people want to stay quiet and not speak about.






Purchase Books by Charmaine Galloway