Intimate Conversation with Mz. Robinson


Mz. Robinson, born in Huntsville, Alabama is a licensed Realtor and the author of the tantalizing Love, Lies, and Lust Series. Mz. Robinson is an avid reader and advocate for literacy. Although, she began writing as a child, it was not until much later in life that she began to pen short stories. After falling in love with the characters she created, she turned one of her short stories into her debut novel: What We Won't Do For Love. After completing her first manuscript, Mz. Robinson took a break from writing to pursue other career opportunities.

Five years later deciding to pursue her passion, she secured a home with G Street Chronicles. Today Mz. Robinson has ten published novels. When she's not writing Mz. Robinson enjoys reading and shopping. She is currently working on her next title and other projects.


BPM:  What inspired you to sit down and actually start writing this book? Why now?

This is book 7 of the Love, Lies and Lust series. I wanted to tie all the books together and answer any questions my readers may have before ending the series.

BPM:  Does your upbringing, prior relationships or life experiences inspire your writing?
Yes, I use my personal experiences, the lessons I was taught as a child and the errors I’ve made as an adult in each character I write. So, there is a little piece of me in every book.

BPM:  Where do your book ideas come from? Are your books plot driven or character driven? 
Some of my books come from my vivid imagination, others come from the things that I’ve done. My books are character driven. I want my readers to know, love and hate the characters in my books. I want them to feel like they’re walking in their shoes, experiencing all their emotions and by doing so I think it further enhances their reading experience.

BPM:   Introduce us to your current work. What genre do you consider your book?
My current work is Damon and Octavia: The Final Lie. This book concludes the Love, Lies and Lust series and exposes all the lies and secrets told throughout the series. I consider it to be contemporary fiction and it’s available in all digital formats. It is also coming in paperback soon.

BPM:   Give us some insight into your main characters. What makes each one so special?
My main characters are Damon and Octavia. Damon is special because he’s what I consider a “Bad Boy in a designer suit”. He’s the kind of man that can attend the opera or feel at home at a Hip Hop concert. He’s the perfect “Book Boyfriend”. He’s a professional and a family man. He loves Octavia to the point that he’s willing to do anything to maintain the sanctity in their marriage, including committing murder. Octavia is special because she was once the queen of the phrase: “I don’t need a man”; until she met Damon and he knocked her off her feet and taught her the true meaning of love.  She’s strong and although she’s not perfect, she’s a great example of a dedicated wife and mother.

BPM:   What topics are primarily discussed?  Did you learn anything personal from writing your book?
I discuss love, honesty, and forgiveness. I learned that being in love can be complicated and that two people who are truly dedicated to the survival of their relationship, can make things work even if one or both of them have done wrong.

BPM:   What defines success for you, as a published author? What are your ambitions for your writing career?
As a published author my definition of success is being able to reach and touch readers of all races and social classes. I don’t want to just entertain but it is my hope that someone will be inspired and motivated by me and my work. If I can help and touch others in some way then in my book, I’m successful.  I have several ambitions for my writing career but breaking into television and movies is definitely at the top of my list.

BPM:   What are your expectations for this book? What would you like for readers to do after reading this book?
My expectations for this book are that it will leave my readers pleased with the ending of Damon and Octavia’s story. I hope and desire them to be satisfied with the entire series.  After reading this book, I would like my readers to please leave a review and tell a friend.

BPM:   Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included? 
I would like to thank each and every person who has read this series and my other work. I would also like to thank you for granting me this interview. To my readers: I love you and I’m forever grateful for your support.

BPM:   How can readers discover more about you and your work?

You can find me on Facebook at Author-Mz Robinson, on Twitter @ AuthorMzR, and follow my blog at www.mzrobinsonwrites.com.

Twitter:   https://twitter.com/AuthorMzR
FB: https://www.facebook.com/Mz.Robinson




Damon & Octavia - Part 7 of The Love, Lies & Lust Series by Mz. Robinson


Damon and Octavia have been through more than most couples could ever imagine, and managed to survive it all. From love to lies to lust and even murder, they’ve seen it all. Now the only thing the two of them want is to raise their children in peace and love each other to the fullest. There’s just one problem…Damon has one last secret and this secret refuses to die.

When Octavia forges an unlikely friendship with the woman on the other side of Damon’s deception, things get hot and heavy in more ways than one. Soon, Damon is faced with the dilemma of confessing his transgression and losing the woman he loves.

When everything is put on the table and all lies are exposed, will Damon and Octavia’s marriage survive or will everything the two of them have fought so hard to maintain come crashing down, along with their love?

Damon & Octavia has 55 Five-Star Book Reviews
Purchase the book today:  http://goo.gl/7TJGjf