CHILDREN AUTHOR: Intimate Conversation with Chanz’e Witcher

Intimate Conversation with Chanz’e Witcher

Chanz’e Witcher
was born in Dallas, Texas. Her favorite subjects in high school were English where writing papers were just natural for her to write. Her passion for writing came early in life when she would read so many books that finally she started to create her own books out of newspaper and bound them with Elmer’s paste. The days of newspaper and glue are long gone as she awaits her first children’s book ALL I WANT to make its way onto the shelves of book stores.

After graduating high school she knew she wanted to become a court reporter and put herself through school at the Court Reporting Institute of Dallas where she soared through this self-efficient program and later became a Stenographer. Chanze left Dallas, Texas and worked in Knoxville, Tennessee where she produced over 300 court proceeding transcripts ranging from depositions, trials, hearings and other litigation cases. She was constantly sought after by lawyers, judges and doctors to take the record for her credibility of being precise and efficient because of her ability to take and transcribe verbatim word by word testimony. This opportunity attributed to her continuously perfecting her writing abilities. She was chosen out of a single-digit percentage of new authors to be signed chosen by Tate Publishing & Enterprises in 2011 to be published as a professional author.


BPM: When did you get your first inkling to write, and how did you advance the call for writing? Success leaves clues, whose clues did you follow on your journey?
I was a rather lonely child growing up and books were my friends. I found comfort reading all day and night. I could just cast all my cares away on the written words and get lost in an unknown world with no worries. As my desire to read progressed, I started going through so many books that I didn’t want my mother to buy me anymore so I turned to writing and making my own books. The more I read books the more I wrote.

BPM: Do you have anyone in your life that was heavily influential in your deciding to become an author?
My grandmother who passed away in ’09 left a huge imprint on my life because early on as a child she would always tell me, “Baby, one day you are going to reach the people. I would always ask her, “Grandma, what do you mean?” She would just tell me you just have that glow about you that is contagious. I also have to say my mother contributed to me pursuing endeavors of authorship. She also would tell me after she would read what t I had wrote that it was powerful and that I had a true calling that I shouldn’t just sit on. I would often laugh and say, “Mom, everybody can write.” She would laugh and say people may be able to write but not everyone can write and touch people.

BPM: Introduce us to your book and the main characters. What makes each one special? Do you have any favorites?
All I Want is the 1st book in a series of spiritual children books that is symbolic of my life as a child between my mother and me, where she taught me the foundation of knowing who Jesus is. It introduces the youth to scriptures that they can carry on with them throughout life and into their adulthood. What makes this book so special is that it carries weight with what the youth faces today such as maybe not being accepted in society but knowing that you will always be accepted with Jesus. It teaches them that with Jesus you can overcome.

BPM: What inspired you to write this book? Does your faith or education inspire your writing?
I was inspired to write this book after completing my grandmother’s memoir on her 2-year anniversary night. I prayed asking God what could I do to assist the youth with what they were facing today. When reading the news or even watching it on television the youth are dying earlier and earlier not even living their life. As I went back over my childhood it was revealed to me that I had faced some of the same or similar circumstances in life just in a different time period and it was clear my entire life was a book and that I had to share what I knew with the youth that Jesus is key. It is my ultimate goal to restore the kingdom foundation that was the standard long ago that you have to reach for the most High in everything and he will see you through.

My faith inspires me to write because it is deep and it is real. It leaves you reflecting on life and what is meant by this life that we have. We are all here to serve a purpose and what we do each day has a long lasting effect on the people we come to meet and know.

BPM: What are your goals as a writer? Do you set out to educate? Entertain? Illuminate? Inspire?
My goal as a writer is to simply touch people in their soul. I want my readers and supporters to grow with me whether they are a child, young adult or an adult as I have something in store for each genre. I want them to know that when I write it comes from a place deep inside of me that God planted there and that I have them in mind each time I go to write. I want to take a life experience that could destroy an individual and create a memory within where they know that all things we encounter and go through was to serve an ultimate purpose and find joy by it and go on to share their story with another individual so they too can do the same.

BPM: Please share with us a thought or reflection on your journey to this point in writing.
My journey to this point I give God all the credit for. I am nothing without him and I will never be anything without him. I am grateful and thankful for this moment because I have always spoken this moment into existence trusting and believing that God would make a way for me. He has opened doors that I myself could not have opened and made a way for me against all odds, obstacles and challenges.

BPM: What would you like to accomplish as you continue to write?
One day I hope to have my own publishing company and assist others with writing and sharing their stories.

BPM: Share with us your latest news, awards or upcoming book releases. How may our readers follow you online?
What is next for Chanz’e is to just to continue to dig deep within myself and write many more books that will touch all people. I want to be able to assist others with telling their story. I am also working on publication of young adult and adult novels as well. I am currently working on an adult novel Supernatural Stage IV that will leave you speechless; in tears one moment and laughing the next and mouth hanging open the next as the story of one woman’s journey is revealed when she is healed of Stage IV breast cancer supernaturally.

My readers can follow me at: www.facebook.com/CreatingMemoriesWithin and Twitter. I look forward to meeting my supporters and loving them through the words that are written from within me.



Purchase Books: 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Chanze-Witcher/e/B009B3BLH8

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/all-i-want-chanze-witcher/1112493710

Tate Publishing: http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781621471929