The Awakening: Book One of the Chronicles of the Nubian Underworld by Shakir Rashaan

The Awakening: Book One of the Chronicles
of the Nubian Underworld by Shakir Rashaan

An erotically charged journey inside Atlanta's African-American Fetish/BDSM community. The first in the series revolves around an African-American dominant couple, Ramesses and Neferterri, and their submissives, told in a conversational style.


"What goes on in the Palace, stays in the Palace..."

Life seems well within the "Nubian Underworld" of the ATL, as Ramesses, his wife Neferterri, and their submissives are at the center of what can only be described as "paradise" by those who have seen the debauchery within. Amenhotep, Ramesses' mentor, is on the verge of bringing in his newest slave to reside with him at the Palace, and the entire community has been invited to witness the decadence of the grounds and the libidinous nature of the guests in attendance.

Unfortunately, life is not always a bed of roses... sometimes the thorns must be felt.

All hell breaks loose when Ramesses and Neferterri begin losing their submissives for a variety of reasons, and Amenhotep gets caught up in a sting operation that makes the local news and threatens to blow the lid off of the Atlanta Fetish community that thrives on the anonymity that is enjoyed by all. Despite it all, everyone in the circle is there for one another, no matter the consequences.

The Awakening: Book One of the Chronicles of the Nubian Underworld is a journey inside Atlanta's African-American Fetish/BDSM community, and the ties that bind the principle players of this exciting new series. With its twists and turns and surprises along the way, it is sure to become an "awakening" for any who dare to journey to the "Dark side."


Excerpt from The Awakening/Book One of the Chronicles of the Nubian Underworld

Being in the Fulton County Jail was a bittersweet moment for me.  Before I turned to professional shutterbug I wanted to be a detective, like my father before me. So, being at the jail wasn’t supposed to give me the butterflies in my stomach I felt. It felt like an eternity walking towards the communication area to speak to Amenhotep, but somehow I managed to get there.

Seeing him on the other side of that window, my heart damn near broke. Here was a man who made me the Dominant I am. Now, here he sat, an accused rapist and kidnapper, eyes completely bloodshot from staying up all night in the holding cell before they moved him to general population. I refused to take pity, though. In my mind he was never guilty in the first place. I was going to move heaven and earth to make sure he comes out of this without much of a scratch on him, mainly because I knew he would do the same for me. Family has to look out for each other.

I picked up the receiver, making eye contact with Him for the first time. He looked human to me, after looking like a god for so long. “How are you holding up?”

“Not good, youngster. I’m not even supposed to be in here,” Amenhotep stated through the receiver. “Ramesses, I didn’t do it. she said awful things, man. Said I raped her…abused her, man.”  I sat there and watch helplessly as he was nearly reduced to tears. The first thing on my mind was whether the other slaves were okay.

“Paka came down as soon as she found out. The cops took the computers…everything in the dungeon that wasn’t bolted down.” Amenhotep repeated what paka told him earlier. “All of the girls gave statements to dispute what Safi told the cops.”

“Why the hell would she say such things? You have a reputation within the community. She’s got to be aware of that.” My anger was boiling and mounting with each passing moment and with each word I spoke.

“Something spooked her. I know it,” Amenhotep regained his composure. “Either that, or she’s pissed about something. But what was it? I treated her like I treat all my girls.”  Yeah, every one of the girls was treated the same way, except for Paka. The green eyed monster was on the loose. Damn.

“I’ve got some tough questions for You, Sir, and I need straight answers,” Ramesses took over inside of me, and it was needed. “How old is Safi?”

“You know better,” Amenhotep didn’t like my tone, but I really didn’t care at that point. We were family, yes, but there was no time to look at things with rose-colored glasses. “I taught You, remember that.”


READ MORE HERE