Intimate Conversation with Lae'Zriah Justice

Intimate Conversation with Lae'Zriah Justice




New York native Lae'Zriah Justice is an emerging urban erotica author. She holds a Bachelors in Business Administration and a Masters in Human Resources. She is a wife, mother, and the author of her first book, Dilemmas (Part 1).  Readers can meet Lae'Zriah and Ella Curry of EDC Creations on BAN Radio Show,  Monday Night, August 26, 2013 at 8pm EST.

BPM: Tell us about your journey in becoming a successfully published author. Do you have anyone in your life that was heavily influential in your deciding to become an author?
My journey started when I was very young. I would write about anything and everything that came to mind. As a child, I experienced many obstacles, and used writing as my way out of situations. As I got older, the desire to write continued, and I could not do anything without writing. I had never wrote much of anything as far as a story itself, I mainly wrote about things that were going on in my life. After I became open about my childhood situations people kept saying, "You need to write a book about your life." I did not have a desire to write a book about anything, let alone my life.

My first influence of actually considering writing was from an English instructor. In the class, we were to write a short story. I procrastinated until an hour before class. I sat down and the ideas started to flow. Once my instructor read the story she cried. She said it was very vivid and that you could imagine everything. She thought it was actually a true story and asked me to consider writing.

The constant suggestions of my family and friends pushed me to pursue writing. Once I started Dilemmas, I became ecstatic. I realized then that I had a deep desire to become an author, even more than I had ever imagined. 
BPM: How has your writing style evolved over the years? What stimulated your growth the most? 
My creative mind bounces around a lot which has me constantly jumping from one situation to the next. I was in middle school and my Home Economics teacher pointed that out to me in a recipe I had written. I did not fully explain how I got from a cracked egg to it being scrambled. She wanted details; did I stir it, was it in a bowl, etc. After that class, I was reading one of my old writings and it struck me, I had no idea how I got from point A to point Z. Her words inspired me and I then began to be more detailed in my descriptions. For instance, were the tree leaves green or orange-brown, did I walk across cobblestones or a flat surface, things like that.

BPM: What have you realized about yourself since becoming a published author?
I realized that I worry too much about what everyone else thinks. In the middle of writing Dilemmas, I felt like, "What if no one likes it, what if people talk bad about me, what if this and what if that." Then I realized, it's about me.  I sat do to write this book because I have found something I truly enjoy doing. Of course I would love for others to enjoy my books, but whether one person or ten people like it, I am happy with knowing that I have made it this far doing something I truly love.

BPM: Do you have any advice for people seeking to publish a book?
The only advice I can give is to make sure you are doing it because you are passionate about it not because you want to make big bucks. Once you realize you want to do it because it is deeply rooted in your heart then DO IT! Put all you have into your work. You will always have the naysayers but keep pushing forward with your goal of becoming a published author. Trust me, you will feel great knowing you accomplished something you really wanted to accomplish.

BPM: Introduce us to your book and the main characters. Do you have any favorites? 
My book is called Dilemmas (Part 1). It's the first of a 3 part series. It's genre is Fiction/African American/Erotica. The main characters are Maurice, Nedia, Aiden, and Bevelyn.

The book is about a man named Maurice who is sent on an extended mission to retrieve missing information from his rival organization's former employee, he finds himself falling in love with her. She tries to keep her relationship with Maurice completely sexual, but she finds herself drawn to him as well, not knowing he was actually sent to kill her. Maurice is married to Bevelyn and does not really care for his wife, but because they have children, he has a hard time leaving her. Bevelyn has a slew of secrets she is trying to keep quiet as well.

Maurice begins to lose focus on his mission because of his love for his target. After the death of one of their rival organization's members, things begin to change. Secrets are revealed, things turn upside down. Maurice finds himself caught between his job, his hatred for his wife, his love for his children, his love of sex with all his women, and his love for his mistress. Faced with the reality he is still on a mission to kill his mistress, he finds himself in a...Dilemma.

My favorite character is Aiden. She is sneaky, and fierce. She may seem like she is clueless but she is far from it. The book is available on Amazon, in both paperback and Kindle version, as well Barnes& Noble website.


BPM: What compelled or inspired you to write this book?  Did you ever experience writers block?
My friends and family motivated me to write while my wild imagination about certain situations motivated me to share my thoughts with others. I was curious to know, "Am I the only one, besides my weird friends, who think about intimacy the way I do? Are there others who experience some of the same things, thoughts or ideas?" I wanted to write something juicy and fun.

I chose to start now because after the first night of me sitting down throwing ideas together, it became addictive to me.  I did experience a little writers block with Dilemmas. I had no clue what was going on with me. I kept saying "Why aren't the thoughts and ideas not flowing anymore? Why can't I concentrate? What's wrong with me?" I went online and researched what was happening to me and realized it was and I am actually experiencing writers block. I couldn't believe it! I thought only tenured writers experienced it.


BPM: What has been your most difficult hurdle to leap? Marketing, promotions or gaining media exposure, etc. How can EDC Creations and our readers help you?
I would have to say marketing, gaining exposure and marketing in that order. Writing, getting it edited and publishing were the easy parts. Marketing and getting your name out there is a beast, especially when you have absolutely no clue where to start, or who to go to. I constantly search online day in and day out for information on how to market and gain exposure. I'm talking until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning sometimes. I am open to any and every thought and idea from EDC and all the readers.


BPM: We are here to shine the spotlight on your new book, but what's next? How may our readers follow you online? 
I am currently working on a book called Tangled. It's about a woman who has some psychological issues and creates situations that are not actually occurring. However, the real situations she is somewhat clueless about. She has the ideal marriage, and a conniving best friend. Her past begins to catch up with her when she feels betrayed and commits some unthinkable acts. Lots of twists and turn in this book, much like Dilemmas. This books should be out by the spring. Purchase or download your copy of Dilemmas (Part 1) today at Amazon: http://amzn.to/10t42UP

Readers can find me at:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/laezriah.justice
Twitter: https://twitter.com/laezriahjustice
Author Website: www.laezriahjustice.com


BPM: Thank you, Lae'Zriah, for sharing a little bit about your journey and your book with our readers!
No, Thank you for having me! It has been my pleasure.  I can't wait until the BAN Radio interview airs!

Purchase Dilemmas (Part 1) by Lae'Zriah Justice
Fiction/African American/Erotica
Listen to the author reading an excerpt: http://snack.to/atkiwcjc