King Shoulda Coulda Woulda by J.M. Lominy

King Shoulda Coulda Woulda
by J.M. Lominy
On a sunny June day, the seventh day to be exact.  King Shoulda rode on his big horse heading down the king’s highway and came upon Lady Cherish.  She also went by the name of Lady Beautiful, Lady Lovely, and Lady Sexy. 

King Shoulda was clumsy and his horse was more mule than steed.  When the good king tried to stop, the horse would gallop and when he wanted to gallop, the horse would stop.  With Lady Cherish on the side of King’s highway, the intractable horse stopped abruptly and sent the good king head long into the muddied dirt landing at the foot of the good lady.

“Oh, me lady, it seems I have fallen head over heels for you,” said the king as he dusted dirt off of his head.

“So it seems my lord,” said the beautiful lady sitting with her legs crossed as she awaited the stage bus.  Her legs would tempt any creature with eyes.

“Why my fair lady, it is not the first time I have fallen for you.  But I must say, this was the most painful and memorable,” Said the king with his not so pump up chest sticking out.

“I did hear some rumors,” said the lady with a shy smirk.

“Well I shoulda, coulda, woulda made it known, but you see,” and the king looked about with a shyness that should not come from a king,  “I was betrothed to my current queen and and,” the king stuttered.

Blushing with a sly but beautiful smile, the lady asked, “what did your heart sing?”

With these words, the king straightened himself and smiled looking at the laced powdered pink dress of the good Lady Cherish.  He looked at her beautiful face and the gleaming white teeth that showed behind cherry lips of a noble.

“I feel a fool,” said the king.  “ I shoulda, coulda, and woulda.”

“My dear king, shoulda, coulda, woulda would not do, you should have listened to your heart, I would have been yours if you wanted me.”

 
Meet the Author
Life began for J.M. Lominy in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.  As a husband, father, nurse and veteran Lominy has been making room to write since 2000.  Specializing in Historical Fiction, he is the author of the upcoming book, The Deadly Rose, An Assassin’s Tale.  His work, both poetic and determined in voice, places an emphasis on the Haitian experience as witnessed through the life of passionate characters.  Mr. Lominy currently resides in Georgia with his wife and his three sons.  Visit J.M. Lominy at:  http://jmlominy.com 


The Deadly Rose, An Assassin's Tale by J.M. Lominy, chapter one is available for immediate reading:   http://jmlominy.com/books/chapter-1/


Pinterest:   http://pinterest.com/jmlominy
Twitter:   https://twitter.com/JMLOMINY
Twitter:  https://www.facebook.com/JmLominy