Voices of Thanksgiving: author Vonda Howard

Voices of Thanksgiving AND Gratitude
Vonda Howard


Wife of 13 years and mom to 2, native Washingtonian (DC), Vonda Howard has been writing since she was 10 years old. She currently still resides in the DC area with her family. She has 3 books to her credit so far; her first self published novel, “Diamond Lives, Platinum Lies.”

Her second self published novella, “It’s always the Pretty Ones”, and her upcoming novel under Anexander Books, the first installment to her “D-cup Divas” series. She is currently the owner and lead designer of her own graphic design firm, Cupcake Creative Studio which services scores of well known authors and business owners. Website: http://www.cupcakecreativestudio.com/




What was your most memorable holiday from the past?
Christmas is always the most memorable for me. My younger brother and I never got a wink of sleep! We would drift in and out all night long! My mom made it clear that were not allowed to go into the living room until at least 6 am. We would always try to peek, but my mother (don’t ask me how), would always get it to be pitch black in the living room so we couldn’t see a thing! I sometimes miss sitting in the room with my brother talking about what we think we got.

How do you celebrate the holidays? What are the "traditions" for your family?
Well now that the kids are older we can really start some traditions. This year we’ll be making some cookies. We always watch “The Christmas Carol” together. On the 23rd I read “The Night Before the Night Before Christmas” by Natasha Wing and Mike Lester to them, and on Christmas Eve I read “The Night Before Christmas.”

What are you most thankful for today? What message do all your books have in common?
I am most thankful for my family. They have consistently been my soft place to land and keep me grounded. They have all been so supportive of me in pursuing my goals and dreams. I love them all so much. I think the message that stays true in all my books is: trusting yourself and your own intuition. Many times we ignore that little voice in the back our heads that God gave to us to help us make good decisions.