Reader Spotlight: Rae Lori


Meet Black Pearls Reader Rae Lori




:: Tell us a little bit about you as a reader.
I started reading from literally within the womb. My mother used to read to me before I was even born so I got used to her voice and the narrative format. I guess that's part of the reason I love audio books as well as printed ones. Trips to the library became apart of our daily lifestyle since I was little. I remember we used to break apart the moment we entered and went to our respective favorite sections to grab some new goodies. As time went on, we eventually did the same at used bookstores and the newer chains that started popping up. Ebooks have become another addiction of mine because I keep finding some great new voices in the smaller press.

:: On your nightstand now:
Currently I'm reading River's Daughter by Tasha Campbell (the first release from Verb Noire), Faerie Blood by Angela Korra'ti, An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon & Black Ice by Anne Stuart


:: Book all readers should own besides the bible:
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I may be biased but I love this book because like 1984 it reveals a lot about society in a satirical yet serious way.


:: Book you've bought for the cover:
The Call of Zulina by Kay Marshall Strom. The blurb caught my eye but I love the cover. Same with Librynth by Pearl North. Gorgeous covers featuring women of color which you don't usually see on mainstream books, especially ones aimed at youngsters.

:: Favorite genre, series or sequels:
Science Fiction & Fantasy is my heart along with romance books.

Contact Rae
Rachel@Raelori.com
http://www.raelori.com
http://raelori.blogspot.com

'Art and any media of the mind is most powerful with a voice'