Intimate Conversations with author Bonnie Hopkins

Intimate Conversations with author Bonnie Hopkins


Bonnie Hopkins is a mother, grandmother, mentor, and writer, who resides in the Houston, Texas area where writing is her second career. She is surprised that God has called her into a writing ministry, but knows why, and her books poignantly reflect that. Bonnie also mentors a group of aspiring writers.


Bonnie’s debut novel, “Seasons”, has blessed countless readers - many who admit to reading it over and over. She is prayerful that her subsequent books will have the same effect.


Ella: Tell us about your passion for writing.
I basically stumbled into writing after retiring to pursue a new venture. Since I started writing, I am now convinced that writing is God’s purpose for my life. I am joy-filled, peaceful and enthusiastic as I write – filled with the same emotions my characters are experiencing, and asking God to equip me with the capability to express those emotions through the story. My prayer is that readers will be blessed with an enjoyable, encouraging, inspiring and satisfying story.

Ella: Bonnie, give us the synopsis of the book being discussed today.


The title of the book is “Now and Then, Again”. Just as Savannah Sinclair begins to savor her new beginning, which includes taking a chance on a new relationship, a devastating demand from the past sends her reeling with shock. She is challenged to WALK her Christian TALK.

But strongholds of hurt, unforgiveness, anger and fear, - hidden in the rut of her soul, - hold her captive and Vann admits defeat to these rut buddies when she fails the ultimate Christian tests of love, forgiveness and faith. I offer this story to readers who need to escape their own ruts and discover God’s power to reach into the past and bring restoration and renewal into the present.


Ella: Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I write from a foundation of Christian principles from the Word of God, life experiences and observations. My stories are centered around real, relative life issues that readers can easily identify with. My heartfelt desire is for my books to encourage, inspire and motivate readers to keep looking to Jesus, who is the Author and Finisher of their faith. My books ring with the fundamental message and assurance that when a chapter closes in our lives, we can trust God for a new beginning because in Him there is always a hope and a future.


Ella: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
My two main characters are Savannah and Mitch, both of whom are Christians, but are struggling with failures in their Christian walk and in relationships. I like their willingness to admit their failures, repent, and apply their strength, wisdom and determination to their desire to please God in all they do.


Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
I would like readers to turn the last page of my books filled with encouragement and the assurance that God never forsakes His children; as well as the renewed trust that nothing is ever over until He says it is over.


Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
I would advise a new writer to remember 3 things: (1) A call to any vocation is a call for preparation in that field; (2) Seek God’s direction; (3) Learn everything you can about the publishing industry.


Ella: Share with us your latest news, awards or upcoming book releases.
I am overjoyed to share that my second book, “Now and Then, Again” has finally released, and is available at book retailers as well as on-line.


Ella: What has been your most rewarding experience since publication?
My most rewarding experience(s) is when readers tell me how much my books blessed them, drew them closer to the Lord, or motivated them to make a Godly decision about a situation they were dealing with. This assures me I am fulfilling God’s purpose, and nothing is more joyful.


Contact Information:
Website: http://www.bonniehopkins.com/
E-mail: bonniehopkins08@yahoo.com


Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag