Intimate Conversation with Yvonne Perry

Meet Yvonne Perry is a freelance writer and editor and award-winning author

Yvonne Perry is a freelance writer and editor, award-winning, bestselling Amazon.com author, podcast host, blogger, newsletter publisher, Internet marketing guru, and the owner of Writers in the Sky Creative Writing Services (WITS). She graduated from American Institute of Holistic Theology where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Metaphysics.

What exactly does your company do for the client?
Writers in the Sky Creative Writing Services offers ghostwriting and editing for books, biographical sketches, memoirs, résumés, media releases, press kits, marketing copy, Web site text, articles, brochures, newsletters, business documents, and articles. We also assist authors with online book promotion.



Did your company change the way consumers were previously taught to think?

A lot of people have the idea that they need to refrain from freely sharing information in order to gain wealth. I have a different view, and I use a universal philosophy in my business practices. Sowing and reaping, giving and receiving, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, the law of attraction, or whatever you choose to call it, there really is no competition; there is enough water in the cosmic universe to float all our boats. I assist others on their path to success by sharing what I have learned and allowing people to post messages and announcements on our blog and in our newsletter. I also post content-rich messages on Twitter to help other writers and let my network know about our clients’ books and successes. This mentality seems to be prevalent among the writers with whom I network and it provides a win-win situation for everyone involved.

Additionally, I blend a spiritual mindset with my business practices without making anyone feel uncomfortable. By honoring all paths, we have allowed a wide range of people to express their views in the form of books, Web text, podcast interviews, newsletters, brochures, and marketing material.

We have incorporated social networking into our line of services offered to our clients. Many people have not heard of these sites and methods or do not know how to use them wisely. We can either provide mentoring to set up and maintain a high-traffic and sales-effective blog, or we can do the marketing on behalf of the client.



How did you get your start in this business/industry?
Writers in the Sky Creative Writing Services, also known as WITS, is my Nashville-based writing and editing services company. I started this company in 2003 with a strong belief that I could create the career I wanted by learning as much as I could about the craft and business of writing, focusing on the positive goals I had set, and doing the work necessary to reach these goals. I started out solo, but since then, I have put together a team to diversify the types of writing, editing, and promotional services we offer our clients.


What do you like most about your profession?
Having flexible hours, working from home, and meeting great people online. There is no limit on how far I can move up the ladder of success!

What is your biggest challenge in business?
Not being a workaholic!


How did you overcome it?
I put our business hours on our Web site and in our phone message. I close my office door at the end of the workday and let the machine take the calls. I can’t allow my business to take away valuable time from my family.



What are three things all leaders possess?
There are more than these listed here, but I would have to say vision, determination, and a belief in oneself/abilities is very important. Also, leaders have a willingness to set goals and do what it takes to reach them.


How does your mission or vision keep your business growing?
I’m always looking for new ways to help authors and businesses use writing as a key tool for communicating their message in a professional manner that attracts high-quality clients. When I see an unmet need, I am quick to learn all I can about new tools available so I can begin to provide that service.



What's new in your company for 2009?
We have started an affiliation with Full Circle Admin to offer virtual assistance to our clients. This includes calendar management, data entry, maintaining, Excel spreadsheets, job search services, letter writing, typing, transcribing, link building, SEO writing, social networking, and creating/posting trailers for books and businesses. I’m also looking to add technical services such as Web site building and maintenance.


Contact information and website addresses.

Yvonne Perry
http://writersinthesky.com
http://yvonneperry.blogspot.com
www.OnlinePromotionMadeEasy.com


Writers in the Sky Creative Writing Services produces a free monthly newsletter filled with articles, announcements, and information about the craft and business of writing, publishing, and book marketing. Subscribe or read more at http://www.writersinthesky.com/writing-newsletter.html



Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag