#BlackLove: Bad Choices Can Be Deadly by Monica Lynne Foster

Bad Choices Can Be Deadly
by Monica Lynne Foster

A Chanelle Series Novel – Book 1
Even beautiful, professional, successful women can have relationship drama. And that's Chanelle Slate. First she catches her boyfriend of 12 years in a compromising position. In their bed. And she makes it clear to him and his new lover how she feels about his betrayal. Then, against heavenly advice, she seeks comfort in the arms of her married colleague... until he decides to work on his marriage and moves out of state with his wife.

By the time the love she's wanted all of her adult life is finally in front of her, the mistakes, and sins, of her past come back to haunt her. And she quickly learns that it will be impossible for everyone to make it out alive.


Bad Choices Book Review 

Monica Lynne Foster is an excellent writer. Just excellent. In her novel, Bad Choices Can Be Deadly, she had my heart racing, trying to figure out who was stalking. It was well-written, fast-paced, a true page-turner.
Victoria Christopher Murray, Author of Stand Your Ground


Chapter Excerpt from Bad Choices Can Be Deadly

Prologue


I dropped the handle of my suitcase. “What are you doing?” I screamed to my boyfriend of 12 years as he scrambled to cover himself and I picked up my emergency baseball bat by the side of my bed.

“Chanelle! Chanelle! I can explain.”

I swung the bat and lucky for him he ducked, because the whack of the bat put a nice size dent in my headboard. “You can’t possibly explain this!” My eyes had to be betraying me. There was no way I’d just come home from a business trip and found the love of my life in our bed with his personal trainer. His male personal trainer.

“Honest to God, Chanelle, this isn’t what it looks like!” He held his arms out in front of him, in a futile attempt to block the inevitable future swing of my get-even tool.

“Don’t you dare bring God into your sordid mess! It’s exactly what it looks like! How could I have been so stupid to trust you and give you 12 years of my life! 12! Ugh!” I said, as I swung again, missing him, but connecting with my lamp. Then I turned my fury on Rocco. “And you! I welcomed you into my home!”

“It’s not my fault you can’t give him what I can,” the home wrecker taunted me.

“Not now, Rocco,” Michael yelled.

We’d been together long enough for Michael to know what I was capable of doing, and at this moment, I was thinking I could handle a 20-year bid at the state prison. “Get out! Both of you get out!”

They jumped out of the bed without a stitch of clothing and bent down to pick up their pants.

“No! You don’t get to put on clothes,” I continued shouting, while brandishing my bat.

“Chanelle, it’s winter and it’s freezing outside,” my now ex pleaded.

“You say that like I care! You have exactly one second to be out of my house or I swear to God, I’m gonna catch a case. Now go!”

I chased them down the steps and out my front door. Watching them run butt naked and barefoot down the snowy street of my posh subdivision was suddenly comical. And I began laughing. I sat on the porch and laughed until I cried. But the tears of humor quickly turned to tears of pain as the betrayal set in. Pain that what I thought was a solid relationship was really a sham. Pain that I’d wasted years of my life with a man who could never be committed to me. Pain that I was now… alone.


Chapter 1

One Month Later


“Michael, what are you doing here?” I said when I opened my door and saw my ex standing on my porch…with his new lover.

“We’re here to give you this,” he said, handing me a piece of paper.

I looked at it trying to make out what I was reading. “What is it?”

“You’ve been served.”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me.”

“You’re suing me?”

“He’s not,” his lover chimed in, while holding Michael’s hand. “I am.”

“This must be a joke.”

“It’s no joke, missy. I’ll see you in court,” the man stealer said, whipping his neck around as though he had long hair instead of a bald head.

I turned on Michael. “And you’re just going to stand here and let him do this to me? Like I never meant anything to you?” I screamed, waving the paper that cemented his betrayal.

“Chanelle, you burned all of my stuff. Everything I owned. So yeah, I’m behind Rocco on this.”

I thought about the bonfire I’d had right after his breach of trust. He was right. I set everything he had ablaze. Even got a fine from the city because of the fire. But it was worth it when he showed up with the moving truck the following day and I handed him pictures of ashes. It would make more sense if he was suing me. But Rocco? What did I do to him?

I watched Rocco and the man I once loved with everything in me walk down my steps and get into their car. Then I groaned and shut the door on a chapter of my life that was closed forever.

( Continued... )

© 2015 All rights reserved. Book excerpt reprinted by permission of the author, Monica Lynne Foster. Do not reproduce, copy or use without the author's written permission. This excerpt is used for promotional purposes only.


Purchase Bad Choices Can Be Deadly – A Chanelle Series Novel – Book 1

EBOOK: http://astore.amazon.com/wwwmonicalynn-20/detail/B0125U3EFK
PAPERBACK: http://astore.amazon.com/wwwmonicalynn-20/detail/0996582517