#StorytellersBookTour: Intimate Conversation with Tracie Loveless-Hill

Intimate Conversation with Tracie Loveless-Hill

Tracie Loveless-Hill
was born and raised in Waterloo, Iowa. She has been married for 26 years to the love of her life, Cedric. They have two wonderful children, both adults: Taneya and Cedric II.

Tracie attended Rust College in Holly Springs, Mississippi and later Hawkeye Community College, earning associates degrees in Criminal Justice and General Studies. Her plans are to further her education with hopes of attaining B.A. Degrees in Criminology and Social Work, with aspirations of working with women in and transitioning from the prison system.

Tracie has enjoyed singing with two local community gospel groups and loves to sing at weddings, funerals, and other social events. Her hobbies include writing, collecting porcelain dolls and elephants with their trunks pointing upwards--a symbol of good luck and prosperity. Her latest achievement's was putting a fully operating media center in her church for the community. But the biggest joys in her life are curling up with a good novel, listening to traditional gospel music, working for the betterment of her community, or just spending time with those she loves the most: her family.

BPM: When did you get your first inkling to write, and how did you advance the call for writing?

I have always loved to write. Poetry, short stories, etc.... I even wrote poems for my college newspaper. I really begin to write seriously after becoming disabled. But I had no idea that anyone would be interested in my stories or what I had to say.

BPM: Tell us about your passion for writing. Why do you write? What drives you?
When I am writing it is like when you first fall in love, especially when I am in a zone. It is like an emotional high for me. There is no better feeling than to write what is in your heart and to get it out, To make it all come together.

BPM: Are there any areas of your writing career that you wish you could go back and change?
No. You should never apologize or regret what has come from your soul.

BPM: What hurdles, if any, did you have to overcome as a new author and business owner?
Patience. I had to learn patience. Because things do not come to you overnight. Money, recognition, fans, etc...none of it comes before you put in the work.

BPM: What’s the most important quality a writer should have in your opinion?
Being able to evoke emotions in the reader. When that reader closes that book you want them to be able to take a deep breath and feel satisfied. Like they have been on a roller coaster of a journey.

BPM: At what point in your career did you discover your real worth and own it?
When I realized that writing made me feel good. But when people come up to me and tell me that one of my books have helped them through something, something difficult. One young man said that this book helped him through his mother's death. And a young woman in her 30's died from cancer. She loved the book so much that her family actually placed it in her hands in her casket. My mother died from cancer and believe me this took me away. It made me realize that what I was doing meant something.

BPM: Introduce us to your book and the characters.
Acts of Betrayal is a Christian Fiction  novel with a street edge. Michael and Lorece Moreland were high school sweethearts. Their faith is truly tested when they hit upon hard times. The meet a Bishop and his very well known in the community and extremely aggressive wife. She promises to take their 5 children in until they are able to get on their feet. In the process secrets comes out about past lives. And they are in for a fight when they have to go up against the Bishop and his wife.

BPM: What would you like to accomplish after this book is released?

To be honest more fans. I have places a full access media center in my church for our community. It is for children as well as adult's that do not have access to computers. And I have every type of book that you want to read in it. Law, Black History, Biographies and so on. I feel that more books will allow me to do more in my community.


Order Acts of Betrayal by Tracie Loveless-Hill
Link: http://amzn.com/1622868072  
Order Preying Time by Tracie Loveless-Hill
Link: http://amzn.com/1601626711