Intimate Conversation with Francina Lucas

Intimate Conversation with Francina Lucas


Francina “Ms Caramel” Lucas  is a first-time published author and a former self-employed model and a radio personality with HOT1079 out of Charlotte, North Carolina. She is has been a Notary Public since 2013 in the State of Florida and also a member of the American Legion Auxiliary since 1997 and the National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) since 2014. Francina is now on a new journey that has always been her passion. She loves the adventure and the emotions she gives to her readers. Francina has a very outgoing spirit and an imagination that is out of this world. She loves to write about romance, drama, exotic and funny. You will never have a dull moment reading her book and/or books.

When Francina is not writing she loves spending her time her husband and her family. Francina is very close with her mother Susann Bartlett and her Aunt Susette Johnson who both raised her. They encouraged her that sky is the limit and continue pursing your dreams. Francina has a huge family and love them all. They all give her the motivation to continue to become successful and continue to be her number 1 fans. Francina also loves watching TV, dancing and enjoying life to the fullest.

BPM: How did you get to be where you are in your life today? Who or what motivated you?
God gave me the motivation, determination to work hard for everything that I do.

BPM: Who does your body of literary work speak to? Do you consider authors as role models?
I feel that my literary speaks to anyone that is going through the same situation as the character in the book.
Yes, I feel that author are role models. We are more then authors we are mentors because people are reading the words we write. So, I feel authors has a huge impact on people.

BPM: What inspired you to sit down and actually start writing this book? Why now?
My mother is my motivation. She is my inspiration. I have been writing for a long time it goes back to elementary school. But who inspired me was my mother. She always told me that i should write a book so the world can see what I can do.

Why now? I wanted to set a goal for myself and accomplish and achieve it. Meanwhile, make my mother proud of me.  I enjoyed writing the characters with their different personalities and that was fun.

BPM: Where do your book ideas come from? Are your books plot-driven or character-driven? Why?
I have a creative mind. I am always coming up with unique ideas. I will say both plot and character driven. The reason why I said both is because my book has a plot twist, external conflicts and action and on the other hand my book has creativity and feelings.

BPM: Could you tell us something about your most recent work?
I have a new book that will be launching in March of 2015 called "Rebecca Meets Phillip." My book is on Nook and Kindle.

BPM: Give us some insight into your main characters or speakers. What makes each one so special?
Well, my main characters are Denise, Keisha, Liz and Tonya. Denise is a married woman who is very dedicated to her husband. The reason why she is special is because she is the peace maker and she is like the mother of the best friends. She has a very good heart. Keisha is very independent and outspoken woman. She doesn't sugar coat how she feels towards anyone. She is special because she strong and represents all the independent women.

Keisha and Denise are closer than the other women and she always have Denise back. Keisha is a true friend. Liz is a married woman and a homemaker with three children who never had a chance to see the real world. She is definitely a home body. Liz is special because in the book she finally comes out her eggshell and start to live life.

Tonya is the youngest of the friends. Tonya and her five year old lives with her mother and Tonya leaves all her responsibility with her mother. She does not care about anybody but herself. Tonya is special because she starts to realize who is important to her and start realizing that her daughter is her priority.

BPM: How does your book relate to your present situation, education, spiritual practice or journey?
Basically the book represents my journey. As I was writing the characters I took a little piece of me in each character to make who they are beside Tonya, LOL, she a character that I studied. My book will keep me focus and continue do show people different scenarios and show them that they are not alone.

BPM: Did you learn anything personal from writing your book? Can you share some stories about people you met while researching this book?
I learned that I have many personalities..LOL  and that I truly have a creative mind.  I have met a lot of wonderful people in this journey. I have many wonderful stories. From filming the movie trailer of the book to introducing the cast members. So I just cant tell only one because all of them are amazing.

BPM: What were your goals and intentions in this book, and how well do you feel you achieved them?
My goal for this book was to have people relate to the book. Either they know someone who is going through the same situation or they are going through the situation. They can actually see what they are going through or see what the person is going through in their life. I feel that I have achieved it very well.

BPM: What projects are you working on at the present?

Right now I am launching my new book called "Rebecca Meets Phillip" and I am planning my next event Published Author 1st Entrepreneur Networking Event for March of 2015. 

BPM: How can readers discover more about you and your work?
Thank you for your support and looking forward in doing business with you.   Readers can view the movie trailer for the book " In Love With The Other Man" at:  http://youtu.be/GOKvtjrThi8. For more information about me and my books go to:  http://francinalucas.wix.com/ms-caramel#!/cgkn 


If anyone wants an interview with me email me at francinalucas@gmail.com
www.twitter.com/Ms__Caramel
www.instagram.com/Caramel1971
www.linkedIn.com/PublishedAuthor
www.francinalucas.wix.com/ms-caramel
www.facebook.com/TheBossCaramelceo
www.facebook.com/TheModelMscaramelSpokesperson