#SantaHelpers: Golden by Charmaine Galloway

Golden 
by Charmaine Galloway

Twenty year old Golden Brown was a complete mess. On the outside she was cool, calm, and collected. On the inside she was hiding secrets so deep and so dark that thoughts of them made her sick to her stomach and often sent her spiraling into a psychosis that required medication to pull her out. She trusted no one, had faith in no one, got close to no one. But when Marquis Jones, the man of her dreams, came along, everything began to change.

No longer was she able to bury the past in the dredges of her mind. Now it was time to face the demons that had been plaguing her since she was a child. But could Golden do it? Could she conquer a past so sinister it almost killed her just as it had killed another. Or was she destined to let it defeat her and destroy life as she knew it?


Book Review from Amazon Customer - 5 Stars by KAH

This is a beautifully "MUST READ" written story about a woman who has been through a very traumatic childhood and has a strong God Fearing man that stood by her every step of the way without knowing the horrible secrets she fought with everyday of her life. This story hit home for me in so many ways that I felt Ms. Galloway was inside my head that I cried reading some parts. You are a very talented God Fearing woman, I loved how you took us through the life and struggles of Miss Golden Brown, you made us as readers feel her pain and happiness and incorporating God's word to let us know that with him you can make it through ANYTHING. Keep doing what you're doing and may God continue to Bless You, your mind, body and soul to produce the work that will touch others lives in a special way. God Bless KAH

Book Review from Amazon Customer - 5 Stars by Alisha

I loved every page of this book. Charmaine Galloway never disappoints me. When I pick up one of her books I know that the book will in some way touch me. I can't say much because I don't want to ruin the book for others but I have to say Golden is a strong woman and she deserved everything she got at the end. Charmaine, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us readers in 2014, I hope to see many more books written by you in the near future. You have a gift to not only tell a great story but to send a message after all your books. This is a 5 star book and I will be recommending this book to everyone I know that reads!!!


Excerpt from Golden


“Who did this to you?” Ms. Thomas cried out. She continued without waiting for me to answer. “Golden, your face is busted up pretty badly, you are going to need medical attention. Ms. Jones call the paramedics and when they arrive, direct them to my office.” Ms. Jones didn’t say a word as she walked out and followed Ms. Thomas’ demands.

“Golden, please talk to me, Sweetie, you know you can confide in me,” she said as she held me in her arms.

It had been a long time since I had felt a warm, tender, caring touch and not a touch that would scar me or leave me with guilt and humiliation. I held on to her tightly and sobbed in her arms as I thought of all I had been through the past year. When I finally built up the strength and courage to talk to her, I pushed away from her and that’s when I saw the blood from my face all over her shoulder.

“Ms. Thomas, I’m so sorry for ruining your shirt. I didn’t know I was bleeding that bad.”

“It’s okay, Golden,” she said reassuringly. “What I need from you right now is for you to tell me what happened to you,” she said as she looked me in my eyes.

Something about the sincerity in her voice made me believe she could help me, let me know she was trustworthy. Before I could stop my mouth from moving, I spoke, “I came here because you are the only one I can trust, there is no one else I can talk to. I need you Ms. Thomas. I have so much pain inside of me and I need to let it out before I go crazy. Uhhhhhhh”, I yelled as I felt the pressure in my chest.

“Ok Golden, just breathe. Take a seat and just calm down. Here, let me wrap my coat around you, you’re cold and wet from being in the rain. You don’t have to talk right now. I am going to get you to a hospital and I’m going to go with you. I don’t want you to work yourself up, so just relax,” she said, trying to make me comfortable.

“Ms. Thomas, you don’t know the life I’ve been living and I want out. Promise me that I will never have to enter my home again! Please, promise me,” I begged.

“I’ll make sure you’re in a safe place, I promise you. Just breathe girl, before you pass out,” she said, full of concern.

She placed my head against her chest and gently rubbed the back of my head. I swallowed hard as a lump of fear rose from my stomach to my throat. What would I say to anyone who asked me what happened? I began to shake. I didn’t know what was going to happen.

The EMTs came into the office and checked my vitals before putting me on a stretcher and pushing me to the ambulance. Ms. Thomas stayed by my side the whole time. But I could never tell her or anyone the whole truth because he would kill me.

( Continued... )

© 2014 All rights reserved. Book excerpt reprinted by permission of the author, Charmaine Galloway. Do not reproduce, copy or use without the author's written permission. This excerpt is used for promotional purposes only.

Golden by Charmaine Galloway

Her Pain, Her Secrets, Her Story
Watch the Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/-bA_DDyrhNc



Books by Charmaine Galloway

http://www.amazon.com/Charmaine-Galloway/e/B00C3URE2C