Intimate Conversation with Tiffany L. Warren

Intimate Conversation with Tiffany L. Warren 




BPM: Introduce us to your book and the main characters. What makes each one special? Do you have any favorites? 

The three main characters are Quentin and the two ladies vying for his affection - Chloe and Montana. Chloe is an Atlanta socialite. When I think of her, I think of Marlo from the Real Housewives of Atlanta. She is the kind of woman who knows how to land a rich man. And Quentin is the heir to a billion dollar estate from a his family's hair care product line. Montana is the polar opposite of Chloe! She's sweet, God-fearing and loves his kids. But don't think Montana is a boring little Bible thumper. She's got spice...and a past that comes back to haunt her a little. I love Montana because she gives everyone the benefit of the doubt up front. I'm alot like that. I trust people until they give me a reason to do otherwise.

BPM: Which character or topic in the book can you identify with the most? Why? 
I have five children, so I understand the chaos of Quentin's world. I couldn't imagine my husband trying to handle our brood without me.

BPM: What drew you to tackle the topics in your book? 
Well, I wanted to do a story about confronting grief for a long time. And this is really what this story is about - Quentin dealing with the grief of losing his first wife. People handle grief in so many different ways, and our faith is always challenged when things happen that we can't understand, so there was a lot of room for a reconciliation story.

BPM: Does your upbringing or life experiences inspire your writing? 
My upbringing definitely inspired this book! It is definitely a nod to my childhood, because my grandmother made us watch The Sound of Music every year. While this story is a lot different from that movie, the central idea of a man erasing music from his home because of his grief is very similar. Trivia: I know all of the songs from The Sound of Music!

BPM: Can you outline some areas where your characters dealt with issues that are in current affairs?
Prior to her pursuit of Quentin, Chloe dated a rich elderly man who died. She wasn't able to get the ring, and his children made sure she got nothing. It reminded me of the Anna Nicole Smith saga.

BPM: How do you go about reaching new readers? What would you like for readers to take away from your writing? 
I like to go to book signings and events because I am an avid reader as well as an author. This year I am going to Romance Slam Jam for the first time in New Orleans! I am looking forward to connecting with readers there. I want my readers primarily to get a great story. I hope they get the faith lessons too :)

BPM: What are your goals as a writer? Do you set out to educate?   
I consider myself to be a storyteller. My faith shines through in the writing, because that's who I am. I want to entertain and hopefully edify the reader as well.

BPM: How do you feel about ebooks? Have they helped your business to grow? 
I love ebooks! I love the convenience of them. When the mood strikes me, I can just download a book without leaving my home. Also, as a writer, I have the opportunity to give my readers little nuggets in the form of ebook novellas. I think these drive readers back to my novels, especially readers who've never read my work before. They may feel more comfortable buying a cheaper ebook before progressing to my full length novels.

BPM: Share with us your latest news, awards or upcoming book releases. How may our readers follow you online? 
I am nominated for the 2013 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award for Best Multicultural Fiction, so I'm excited about that! I also will be publishing the sequel to my very popular ebook Lies and Alibis later this spring. Readers can find me on Facebook, Twitter and on my website www.tiffanylwarren.com

Website: www.tiffanylwarren.com
Facebook
www.facebook.com/tiffanylwarren
Follow on Twitter:  www.twitter.com/tiffanylwarren