Intimate Conversation with Orsayor L. Simmons

Intimate Conversation with Orsayor L. Simmons
Orsayor has always wanted her voice to be heard when it came to books. Being a book reviewer has strengthened her love for books, and now she makes it her duty to share her love of books with the masses.

Orsayor is a mom, wife, judgment worker, cake stylist and owner of Simmons Sweets. She is a book reviewer for OOSA Online Book Club, Urban Reviews, Book Sneeze, Tyndale Publishing, Astraea Press, and NetGalley. She also runs her own book review blog, The Book Referees.

BPM: How did you form your lit blog? Give us your history.
Book Referees was formed by me (Orsayor L. Simmons). It was formed to get me and my book loving friends to read/review/and to spread the word out about our favorite books. Now it seems to have taken on a life of its own. I'm now spreading the word through my blog - interviewing authors - and getting books in the hands of celebrities.
Book Referees was created to promote the Love of Books - promote the Love of Authors - and to promote Giving Back.

BPM: What do you love most about reading? Who are your favorite authors?
I love reading because it serves as a mental escape from the stresses of the real world. I'm able to meet new people, travel to new places without leaving the comforts of my home.

My favorite authors are Donald Goines - E. Lynn Harris - Brian W. Smith - Electa Rome Parks - Victoria Christopher Murray - Lutisha Lovely and Rickey Teems III.

BPM: How does your blog serve the literary industry?
Spreading the word about the gems of the literary world...

Book Referees: We Call It Like We See It
Follow me on Twitter: @Orsayor
Website: www.bookreferees.com
Blog: http://bookreferees.blogspot.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bookreferees