Wicked Attraction by Makenzi

Wicked Attraction: A Novel
by Makenzi


What's worse than getting caught up in your own personal drama and feeling as if your back is against the wall and you have no friends to talk to?

Christian Johnson-Banks travels to Los Angeles, California in hopes of finding her mother and bringing her back to Detroit, Michigan. Christian has no real memories of her mother so while dealing with the hopes of building a relationship with her mother, Christian is also dealing with the wicked attraction she has towards her father’s baby brother with whom she's had a sexual relationship with since she was a young teenager.

Caught up in a sticky situation, Christian tries to cope with her feelings for her uncle as well as find a way to end the relationship with him without her father and husband finding out her sick secret.

Purchase Wicked Attraction by Makenzi
Link: http://amzn.com/B00FVAL0HQ



PROLOGUE


Up until now, I had been able to keep all information about Mark, my youngest uncle, to myself. As far as I knew, Mark, my grandmother, and I were the sole keepers of the secrets. And secrets we had. I would have gone to my grave with them as my grandmother did, but since I told Dr. Wardelle that I wanted to reach out to Carmen, he suggested that I use a letter to open the doors of communication. It took me about a month to finally get my thoughts together on what I wanted to write, and I came to the realization that I wouldn’t be able to protect the secret any longer. A part of me didn’t want to dredge up this entire situation, but Carmen needed to know how fucked up my life had been and that yes, I blamed her for everything.

There was no way to really tell her about me without telling her about Mark. She had to know that I clung to him, along with others, because I was afraid of being abandoned once again. She had to know that I led a life of complete destruction because I’d never really felt loved. 

Dear Carmen,
I’m sure you’re surprised to be receiving a letter from your daughter after all these years. You do remember that you have a daughter whose name is Christian Alicia Johnson, from Detroit; father’s name is Melvin Johnson? It took a lot of my time and money to find you. I hope that in the near future we can talk face to face, but I think a letter will do for now.  I had a private investigator find you, and since the day he told me he located you, I have spent many long sleepless hours crying, wondering if I should actually contact you.

Carmen, or Mom, not sure what the fuck to call you at this moment, you birthed me, so by the law of the land, you are considered my mother, but because I don’t know you, I’m not even sure why I give a fuck about you. You are a selfish ass individual; the only thing you did was carry and birth me. My daddy did everything else; he raised me and a fine job he did. You walked your funky ass right out of my life and never looked back. If I hadn’t looked for you, I would have died never knowing my mother. Have you even taken two seconds to think about me? That’s messed up; I was your first born.


( Continued... )

© 2013 All rights reserved. Book excerpt reprinted by permission of the author, Makenzi. This excerpt is used for promotional purposes only.  Do not reproduce, copy or use without the publisher's written permission. Copyright infringement is a serious offense. Share a link to this page or the author's website if you really like this promotional excerpt.

Purchase your copies today!
Amazon link:   http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FVAL0HQ
B&N link:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wicked-attraction-makenzi/1117134609


Who is Makenzi?

Makenzi
is an author with several books under her name since 2006 including, "Unexpected Truth", "Dangerously", "That's How I Like It!" a short story "Blood Brothers" and October 2013 she will be releasing her newest novel "Wicked Attraction."

Before becoming a self published author in 2013, from 2008-09, Makenzi not only was an author on the roster but she also served as the in-house event planner for the publishing company she was previously signed with. Her duties included scheduling all the book signings, speaking events, interviews and book club events.

Makenzi's novels are available on eBook, paperback and audio.She is originally from Cleveland, Ohio but currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Twitter: @authormakenzi 
Blog:  authormakenzi.blogspot.com
Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Makenziauthor (author makenzi readers page)