Powder by BlaQue - Intimate Conversation

G Street Chronicles - Powder by BlaQue

BlaQue
, nicknamed the BlaQue Angel because of the twisted and dark stories she weaves, was born and raised in the Washington, D.C. area where she currently resides with her son.

BlaQue began writing after reading several Donald Goines books and decided she would love to pen stories in the same gritty, fast-paced manner. After writing her first novel Dirty DNA and allowing several of her peers to read and critique her work, she decided to submit it to G Street Chronicles where she joined the ranks of some of the heaviest hitting authors in Urban Literature.


BPM: When did you get your first inkling to write, and how did you advance the call for writing?
I first began to write after reading several Donald Goines novels and thinking to myself, I can do that! I wanted to bring that realness back to the Urban Fiction genre. I did not want to write the stereotypical hustler's tale.


BPM: Do you have anyone in your life that was heavily influential in your deciding to become an author?
My father was my biggest influence to write. He told me at a young age with all the paper I used writing I should put my talent to use. When he passed away I made a promise to write a book in his honor. His unconditional love for his daughters made me push to complete my first novel.  That is how Dirty DNA, my debut novel,  was born.


BPM: Introduce us to your latest book, POWDER and please share a brief excerpt.
Samantha Underwood, also known as Powder to those who have the misfortune of being her acquaintance, was born to heroine addicted parents. Powder is desperate to find a way beyond the hand she was dealt in life. Growing up as the only white woman in her ghetto, SE Washington, DC neighborhood has had nothing but disadvantages for the lonely, attention-starved vixen.

Constantly ridiculed and bullied, Powder has been tormented beyond her limits and is finally forced to serve up her own justice to all who have hurt her. With a cold heart, darkened mind and tainted past, she lashes out against anyone who gets in her way. However, karma has a funny way of breaking through to the surface and dishing out justice of its own.  Will Powder make her way out of the hood that has raised her or will she fall victim to her own worse nightmare?

Here is a sneak peek into the life of the main character:
My name is Samantha Underwood. With a name like that you would think I am everything I am not. I should have been rich and had everything my heart desired. I should have had men lacing me in ice and catering to my every whim and need. Instead, I wasn’t shit growing up but a black girl trapped in a white girl’s skin. I guess you could say I became a product of my environment. I grew up in the hood, and I didn’t know anything outside of the ghetto that my poor, white trash parents half-assed raised me in.


BPM:  What do you think makes your books stand out from others in Urban lit genre?
My books are somewhat different because they are not your typical street literature. They all incorporate a strong Urban Fiction plot,  but Mystery, Romance and Urban Drama can also be found all within one book. It will keep you guessing right up to the very last page!


BPM:  What do you want readers to gain from reading your books?
I want them to gain a love for reading!  I want them to enjoy picking up a book and never know where it will take them. I want them to keep in mind nothing is what it seems!


BPM:  What is the most valuable lesson that you have learned from this literary journey so far?
I have learned that you have to have a great support team! You have to interact with the readers and you most definitely have to have "thick skin"!

The readers are our biggest critics... and they should be because they are spending their hard earned money on your art form and they don't have to! They could spend that money anyplace they like and they chose to spend it on you!


BPM:  Thank you for sharing book after book with the Black Pearls Readers!
Follow BlaQue on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/theauthorBlaQue



Purchase Powder by BlaQue - Urban Fiction
Watch the trailer:  http://youtu.be/4GvAJufPH9I