Intimate Conversation with Angela L. Harris

Intimate Conversation with Angela L. Harris

Angela L. Harris
is the founder of ALHsuccesslines LLC., a spiritually based company with the mission to empower females to live purposeful lives.  She is also a Life Skills Counselor, motivational speaker and author.  Angela holds a master’s degree in Counseling with a focus on Women’s Studies. Her book has been widely received by parents, educators, community outreach organizations and of course young girls. It is important to reinforce the notion that children must see their visions so that they can be their visions. Once a child dreams it, the next step is to believe it which will ultimately lead to the child achieving it.  Through Angela’s compilation of work; she is instrumental in moving girls along the path of success in life.

BPM:   Please introduce us to your current book. What topics are discussed in this book?
The title of the book is, Mommy What is a CEO? I wrote this book to encourage success for young girls in a fun and motivational manner. I believe every girl can be successful if parents and educators recognize the individual strengths that are instinctive to the child and in doing so, cultivate such talents. The key point of the book is to expose girls at an early age to the idea of leadership and entrepreneurship. I aim to plant the seeds that girls can and should go after their dreams no matter what career choices they pursue. The overall belief and one that is carried out in the story is, the desire and ability to do great things starts with the thought that they can. I wish to instill the acceptance that girls should become the CEO’s of their lives

BPM:  Which character or topic in the book can you identify with the most? Why?
The book was actually inspired by my daughter Faith (who happens to be the main character in the story).  Faith witnessed my unwavering commitment and determination to pursue my dream to own a business. As a result, Faith became increasingly curious and when she was younger asked the important question, “Mommy What is a CEO?”

BPM:  What drew you to tackle the questions or topics in your book?
I have a heart for devising and implementing programs to inspire and boost self-esteem in girls. My platform aims to motivate young girls to not only dream of the endless possibilities available as they prosper toward adulthood—but provide a foundation as it relates to boosting healthy self-esteem. Because of varied challenges girls encounter, feelings of low self-esteem may surface starting as early as the preteen years. For some, such feelings can cause them to feel worthless, unlovable and incompetent. I wrote this book with the intent to reach girls at an early age and to plant the seeds of optimism in them. 

BPM:   Who does your body of literary work speak to?
My book speaks to girls universally including those in disadvantaged communities where certain messages may not be shared frequently. The communication that girls should become CEO’s of their lives must be emphasized and reinforced consistently. We must strive to elevate self-esteem in girls. The reality is, if feelings of low self-worth are left unnoticed, these negative outlooks can permeate into destructive behaviors and may impede our girls from embracing life challenges in a positive manner. This book assists in moving girls forward with the ambition to establish them as remarkable young ladies with promising futures.

BPM:   How has your writing evolved?
I absolutely love writing stimulating content to ignite females toward success in life. I am also a feature writer for examiner.com. To read my articles please visit http://www.examiner.com/womens-issues-in-washington-dc/angela-harris.  Moreover I have the opportunity to present motivational speaking programs to varied audiences such as churches, schools, Girl Scout organizations and other businesses.

BPM:   Do you consider yourself a role model?
In my counseling practice, the goal is to help girls' live focused lives by introducing them to new outlooks that will ultimately unleash unrealized potential. I offer guidance and techniques that treat the mind, body and soul while practicing my spiritual gifts of love, compassion and encouragement. My goal is to inspire one girl at a time—leading them toward achievement in life. Moreover, as a mother who relishes being a parent, I often thought of the many young girls in the world, some who do not have positive role models in their lives. I thought of the many young girls who yearned for someone to care, someone to ignite their inner ambitions, someone to offer words of encouragement, I decided that someone would be me. So if that means being a role model, I gladly aspire to fill those shoes.

BPM:   Life's greatest teacher is:
For me, life’s greatest teacher is my lord and heavenly father. I am often reminded of Psalms 32:8 which states, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.”

BPM:   Success means:
Each and every one is blessed with a unique gift—a gift that shouldn’t exist hidden only in our thoughts. No matter what age you are, no matter what your gifts are, you must take the time to move toward making dreams a reality. By doing so, not only will you begin to live life with purpose but you will satisfy your heart’s desires.

BPM:   Faith allows you to:
As a parent, as a businesswoman, as a woman, there were many times throughout my journey where I had to modify my plans and utilize a great deal of flexibility. The actuality is, sometimes I cannot explain how I accomplish all that I do however I am confident it is my faith and a power greater than me that continues to propel me in the right direction.

BPM:   Will the printed book ever become obsolete?
I support younger children reading printed books. I believe the child has a greater ability to connect with the story and to absorb stimulating educational concepts especially those with beautifully crafted illustrations.  However, the goal is to encourage children to read, whatever format they choose.

BPM:  Share with us your latest news or upcoming book releases.
I will be discussing and signing copies of my children's book, Mommy What is a CEO? at the upcoming 2013 Annual Legislative Conference Author Pavilion, Thursday September 19, 2013 from 5 to 7 pm. The event will be held at the Washington, DC Convention Center, The Pavilion situated in the Exhibit Showcase Hall E -- Booth 521.

I am in the process of preparing for the ALHsuccesslines Success Membership Program for Girls. Membership is open to girls ages 10 and up. I am delighted to be partnering with several organizations. This program can be individualized to work with schools, church groups, Girl Scout presentations, individualized curriculums etc.

I am also coordinating a rewarding one-day conference for girls ages 9 and up called, The CEO in You...Discovering Spiritual Gifts in Girls to be held at Mount Calvary Baptist Church. Vendor and speaking opportunities are available, for more information please call 240-449-5491 or email Angela at  aharris@alhsuccesslines.com.

In the book, Mommy What is a CEO?, Faith receives a pretty pink shirt with the words Lil CEO(T) written on it. Faith absolutely fell in love with her empowering shirt and wore it proudly. Your little one will surely fall in love with her shirt also! Our shirts sold out but we had them redesigned and they look amazing! Show the world that your daughter, niece, granddaughter or friend is a future leader. To pre-order a shirt, visit www.alhsuccesslines.com/mommywhatisaceo

Twitter: @ALHsuccessline
Email:  aharris@alhsuccesslines.com
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/AlHsuccesslinesLlc
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/pub/angela-harris/33/480/514
Website:  http://www.alhsuccesslines.com/mommywhatisaceo  


Purchase Mommy What is a CEO?  by Angela L. Harris
Genre and Primary Topics Discussed: Juvenile Fiction / Girls

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-What-CEO-Angela-Harris/dp/0615625274/

Barnes and Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mommy-what-is-a-ceo-angela-l-harris/1115242362