25 YA Power Reads of the Decade: 2000-2009
25 Young Reader Power Reads of the Decade: 2000-2009
Ella Curry and EDC Creations is proud to announce the Children and Young Reader Best Books of the Decade 2000-2009. Each book created an impact for readers and the Sankofa Literary Society network. Our literary hallmarks indicate excellence in writing. These are the books we want to showcase to the world.
02. A Song for Harlem by Patricia C. McKissack
03. Divine Confidential by Jacquelin Thomas
04. The First Part Last by Angela Johnson
05. Aaliyah by Victoria Christopher Murray
06. The Secret to Teen Power by Paul Harrington
07. Catwalk by Deborah Gregory
08. Cheetah Girls by Deborah Gregory
09. The Lip Gloss Chronicles by Shelia Goss
10. Believing in Hope by Stephanie Perry Moore
11. Profiles in Black: Phat Facts for Teens by Marvin A. McMickle
12. Ms. Thang by Sonia Hayes
13. Hickeys, Hiccups & Homework by Keysha Whitaker
14. Sunny's Adventures by Leketha Marie Johnson
15. Beacon Hills High (Teens) By Mo'Nique, Sherri McGee McCovey
16. Letter from a Slave Boy by Mary E. Lyons
17. Brothers & Sisters (Children Poems) by Eloise Greenfield
18. Rosa by Nikki Giovanni and Bryan Collier
19. Please, Baby, Please by Spike Lee, Tonya Lewis Lee, and Kadir Nelson
20. Tears Of A Tiger by Sharon M. Draper
21. God, Can You Hear Me? by Justine Simmons
22. Doo-Wop Pop (Children) by Roni Schotter
23. Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People by Nikki Giovanni
24. Brown Like Me by Noelle Lamperti
25. Michael's Golden Rules by Deloris Jordan, Kadir Nelson
Labels: Gift Book Showcase
TABOO TREE (Family Saga, Fiction) by AlTonya Washington Rivalries, secret romances and scandals fed the feud between the Gwal...
Conquered (Sleeping Giants Book II) by Ally Fleming Berrill ‘Bear’ Clayton is an accomplished beauty encased in steel. Her toug...
Preparing Your Work Space for a Post Trump Election by Gregory Harris All of us should be considering and preparing for the wo...
Eartha S. Dunston, writer, speaker, panelist and Social Worker, is the 2016 winner of the Black Pearls Literary Excellence Book of ...
Intimate Conversation with Divas LNPU Book Club My name is Toshona E. Carter and I am the Founder and President of this awesome b...
Places In My Heart by Sheryl Lister Other agents-and exes-have tried using Omar as a meal ticket, and he's closed him...
Path to Peace, A Guide to Managing Life After Losing a Loved One By Angie Ransome-Jones Path to Peace is a wonderful b...
Intimate Conversation with Sistahs and Friends Book Club Founders of Sistahs and Friends - Yvette Barrett, Malinda Burden and Pris...
The Journey of Ruthie Belle by Imani Wisdom The Journey of Ruthie Belle Contemporary Women's Fiction The m...
BONDED FOR LIFE by Tesa Erven (The Loose End Series - Book 3) In the third installment of The Loose End series, we find Re...