Intimate Conversation with LaCricia A'ngelle

Intimate Conversation with LaCricia A`ngelle

LaCricia A`ngelle is a licensed Evangelist, writer, and the President of His Pen Publishing. A native of Chicago, LaCricia currently resides in Tennessee with her four children. As a Christian Fiction author, LaCricia not only writes for entertainment, but she also writes for ministry. Her goal in every piece of written work is to draw someone closer to Christ.


Ella: How did you start your writing journey?
I am originally a native of Chicago, however I settled in Tennessee several years ago. My favorite genre is Christian Fiction. I am very impressed with how many Christian Fiction authors are stepping out of the box and writing about topics that are relevant to today’s time. I started my writing journey as a child by writing poetry and songs.


Ella: Tell us about your passion for writing. Why do you write? What drives you?
I write first and foremost for ministry. Through my writing I not only minister to others but I minister to myself as well. In addition to ministry, I write for entertainment. I enjoy going back over some of the things I have written to see my thoughts on paper. I am driven by my desire to set a good example for my children. My writing offers me the opportunity to show my children that although my original plans/goals for my life were not achieved, I was able to dream new dreams and to become successful doing it.


Ella: Finish this sentence- My writing offers the following legacy to future readers...
Forgiveness is a choice. When we choose not to forgive, we harm ourselves much more than those we choose not to forgive.


Ella: Introduce us to your new book, Girl Naw!.
What happens when the window becomes a mirror. Antoinette Walker is good at helping other women resolve their issues but her closet isn’t free from skeletons. Girl, Naw! takes you on Antoinette’s journey of ridding her bed of roses of the thorns that continue to prick her heart. Forgiving others will only be part of her struggle.


Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
Ultimately, I hope readers will gain from Girl, Naw! strength to move past the emotional scars that have paralyzed them. It is my prayer that readers will gain more compassion for others that are going through various things in life, because we never really know what someone else is truly facing.


Ella: Who would this book really "speak to" and why?
Girl, Naw! speaks to hurting people. It opens the door to forgiveness, and ushers in the healing process. I also believe Girl, Naw! speaks to individuals both male and female who are in a position of authority where people depend on them a lot for various reasons. Girl, Naw! shows its readers, they are not alone. Some of the very trials and tests they are facing there are others going through it as well.


Ella: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?
My most significant achievement as a writer has been having readers contact me both in person and via email and tell me the impact Girl, Naw! has made in their lives. I will never forget the time I was doing an interview about Girl, Naw! and a woman in the audience shed tears after hearing an excerpt from the book. The section that was read touched on something she was going through.


Ella: What advice would you give a new writer?
I would advise a new writer to persevere. New writers will often have their confidence challenged. It is important to take your time and put out a good product. Don't allow yourself to become overwhelmed with unrealistic deadlines. I would also advise a new writer to take advantage of all of the resources that are available such as writers' workshops, and online writers' groups that focus on the genre in which they are writing. Finally, I would advise a new writer to read books that are compatible to what they are writing.


Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
In the future readers can expect to see more life altering stories from LaCricia A`ngelle. Stories that show characters overcoming tough obstacles by the power of God. You can also expect to see more authors realizing their publishing dreams through His Pen Publishing. Most importantly Expect the Unexpected.

www.lacriciaangelle.com
www.myspace.com/authorlacricia
http://www.facebook.com/lacricia
http://authorlacricia.wordpress.com