The Man Plan by C. J. Jeep

The Man Plan by C. J. Jeep

Aimee Christensen and her friends (Amara, Bev, Katie and Lisbeth) are all thirty-five and still single. Although none have been willing to admit it they all long to get married. On New Years Eve they make a resolution that one of them will be married by the following year.

With years of unsuccessful luck in love behind them they’ve got to create a “plan” to find him. But the “plan” is not exactly what they bargained for as unexpected events occur and secrets are revealed while they meet and date a number of “ideal” men. BUY THE BOOK HERE


Chapter 1 of The Man Plan
New Years Eve 1999

“I think I’m going to seriously lose weight this next year. I don’t want to exist in a new century heavier than I am today,” I said as the five of us drove to the party.

“You don’t need to lose weight Aimee, you look good girl! You may just want to tone it up a little and turn it into muscle,” suggested Bev.

“So you’re saying I am fat!?!”

“No, but a little exercise never hurt anyone.”

“Oh don’t listen to the exercise guru, Aimee, you know Bev just wants you to join her aerobics class,” laughed Lisbeth.

“Hey I know I look good!”

“And we know you think you do!” said Amara. “But if you look so good why are you without a man?”

“I told you I don’t need a man. I am perfectly content all by myself.”

“Yea, right.”

“Look Amara not everyone thinks they have to be in a relationship to be content like you. Some of us can be alone and not lonely.”

----
C.J. Jeep lives outside of Atlanta Georgia with her husband and their dog. C. J. Jeep has worked in the field of Social Work as a Therapist. This is her first novel.


Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag