In Full Effect by John D. Evans

In Full Effect

You thought you could
Just take away my title
And curb my position
You thought that you
Could minimize me
Reduce my stature
Belittle who I am
Shun my offerings
You thought that
You did something
Had me where you
Wanted me to be
On the bottom
But good luck
The title
Does not make me
The position
Does not make me
The office
Does not make me
The desk
Does not make me
It is what’s inside of me
That makes me and
Still I rise

by John D. Evans
All Rights Reserved. Copyright 2008

When your inspiration seems to fade and depression tries to creep in,
Just close your thoughts to the negativity and welcome the love.

Happy Easter!


The Evans Poetry Collection
P.O. Box 2177
Oak Park, IL 60303877-4

MY-TEPCUSA
www.jdpoetry.comwww.myspace.com/jdpoetry
www.jdpoetry.gaia.com

Literate Nubian
http://www.literatenubian.org/Interviews.aspx?Id=19

Timbooktu
http://www.timbooktu.com/jdevans/jdevans.htm


"Promoting Global Peace from 2006 to eternity!"

Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag