Intimate Details with author Rickey Teems II

Intimate Details with author Rickey Teems II

Ella: Tell us about your passion for writing.
My passion for writing can best be understand by turning a few pages of my latest novel, Regression. The attention to detail, the intensity, the intrigue and ability to keep my readers glued to the story, it all lends itself to the evidence of my passion.

Ella: Introduce us to your new book, Regression.
Regression is a one of a kind rollercoaster. Many stories and books may keep you entertained, but none will command your undivided attention like this social thriller. It offers the reader a chance to experience the ultimate “what if” scenario.



Ella: Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful because I am fueled by the wisdom, understanding, and Spirit of the Most High God!


Ella: Where are you from? How did you start your writing journey?
I’m from the land where Lucifer fell when God gave him the boot, and now it’s the birthing ground for every untruth. The city of Lost Angels. My writing journey Started well before my recognition of it. Childhood poems matured to rap lyrics, and then rap Lyrics transpired to novels in 2006. But I was blessed with a gift of the pen.


Ella: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
The main character in, Regression, is easy, my main man Aeneas Mayes. I love Aeneas. Because he has the street savvy from his past, but is smart enough to know there is so much more beyond what we think we know. He’s resilient and a man of his word. I’m not sure what character would win the silver. They are all running neck and neck!


Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
Regression stands out because it is the culmination of every racial conversation, joke and fear across America. I was just bold enough to put it in a book. It is a creative blend of entertaining education.




Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
Realization. Life has never been, nor will it ever be, as simple as we would like.
So lets be real.

Ella: What is the most surprising thing you have learned in creating books?
How much mutual respect there is amongst talented authors. With such a saturated market, you would expect more cutthroat antics. But as we say in the hood, real recognize real.

Ella: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer?
My most significant achievement was my grandmother saying how much she liked my book. She hates everything!

Ella: Name 3 things that it takes to make a successful author, in your opinion?
1) Bold Creativity
2) An honest corner
3) God’s patience


Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
In addition to the short story, Soldier Surrendered, that will be on the upcoming Bended Knee Anthology, by Hollygrove Publishing, I will also be partnering with Hollygrove to publish an insane Suspense/thriller next year. Hold onto your chest!

Contact Info for Rickey Teems II, LA’s Hottest Author:
Rickey Teems II
PO BOX 30675
Los Angeles, CA 90030
Website: www.rickeyteems.com
www.myspace.com/rickeyteems
Email: askrickey@rickeyteems.com

Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag