Intimate Coversation with Daphine Glenn Robinson

Intimate Coversation with Daphine Glenn Robinson

I am a writer at heart. I've been writing since I was a child. I was an only child until age 10, so I had to find ways to entertain myself. A pen and a piece of paper always provided me with a way of escape from boredom. I also enjoy writing poetry, reading, and cooking (when I have time.) The introvert in me enjoys finding a quiet spot, pulling out my journal, and writing until my heart is content.



My extroverted side enjoys meeting new people, talking to complete strangers in the grocery store line, dancing, and engaging in group discussions. I promised God and myself that when I got published, I'd share what I learned along the way. I want to encourage others to achieve their dreams, whether it is to be a published author or something else.


DO NOT LET YOUR DREAMS DIE! GOD GAVE THEM TO YOU FOR A REASON! I am a witness that God does hear and answer prayer. Take the first step towards your destiny! Daphine acquired a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications from Winthrop University and a Master of Business Administration degree at Charleston Southern University. She is a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.



Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful because... I take the gift God has given me and turn it into stories to bless and entertain other.




Caring What People Think


Russell Brown is the most eligible bachelor at Outreach Fellowship Church. He's career minded, has his own money and is successful. He's tired of dating and has vowed not to casually date, but to find Mrs. Brown. Battling depression since her father's death, Dannica Rawlins sees nothing good in her present or future. *******

At the end of her rope, she meets Russell in the nick of time. After dating for only a few months, Russell is sure she is the one to take his last name. Will Dannica allow God and an upright man to love her pain away? If you liked Robinson's first novel, Brotherly Love and Betrayal, you're sure to love Caring What People Think.





Ella: Where are you from?
Spartanburg, South Carolina but I currently reside in North Carolina.


Ella: How did you start your writing journey?
Being an only child until the age of ten, a pen and a sheet of paper always provided a way of escape from boredom. While other children were outside playing, I spent time in my room playing with dolls and creating stories where they were the characters. Elements of those stories have now evolved into full-length novels.


Ella: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
Russell and Dannica Brown are the two main characters. I love Russell because he is a strong Christian man. He stands up for what he believes and his heart is always in the right place. He's worked hard to get where he is, and he won't settle for anything but the best. Dannica, on the other hand is a hurt woman. She does and says things most people only think about. I like her because she's edgy-very edgy, but deep down she just needs to be loved unconditionally. She's never known that kind of love and it isn't until she has an encounter with Jesus, that she's able to love herself and her husband.


Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
My first book was a huge hit, especially among "church folk." I've found my readers like reading books that are edgy. I take them right to the edge, then they realize its fiction and Christian at the same time!


Ella: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
The characters will be identified as someone you probably know. Readers say it is very conversational and they swear I'm talking about someone they know.Christian fiction authors write differently. Yes there is redemption, yes there might be scripture quoted, but it is for all people. If someone reads my work and they are not a believer, they might be inclined to check out this Jesus afterwards. I don't hit them over the head with a lot of religion. But you know where the characters and I stand by the time you finish. I want readers to be entertained as well as changed by the time they get to the last page.


Ella: What can we expect from you in the future?
I am currently working on Jailhouse Religion, a story about three friends whose lives change drastically the night of their high school graduation fifteen years ago.

Daphine Glenn Robinson
http://www.daphinerobinson.com/
Caring What People Think (2008)
Brotherly Love & Betrayal (2007)
Momisms (2006)




Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag