Intimate Conversation with author Elaine Flowers

Intimate Conversation with author Elaine Flowers

Elaine Flowers is the author of two Dallas Morning News bestsellers, "It's Morning: Torn Lovers and Their Stories" and "Black Beauty." Flowers is new to the Hollygrove Publishing Imprint, and resides in Dallas, TX.

Ella: Finish this sentence: I am Powerful because...
I am Powerful because...I know exactly who I am, and exactly who I am not.



Ella: Please introduce us to your new book.
“It’s Morning: Torn Lovers and Their Stories” is a compilation of two novellas and one short story, each involving a love triangle with two men and one woman. This particular book makes for fast reading because of the three stories and the drama helps it to move really quickly.




Ella: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
The love triangles in each story are different from the traditional two women fighting over one man. It’s rare that we see women in the positions these female characters find themselves in. Also, the reaction from my female readers has been very surprising for me. I have found that the female readers have been much harder critics on the women in the book than I have found the male readers to be.

Ella: Would you change anything about your journey?
Yes! I would’ve started earlier in life preparing myself for this career.


Ella: Name 3 things that it takes to make a successful author, in your opinion?
1) Respecting the craft of writing. 2) Learn as much as possible about writing. 3) A true love for the written word.

Elaine Flowers
www.myspace.com/elaineflowers


Please join in the discussion by leaving comments or congrats below.
Black Authors Culture Center-- Twitter with Ella--Black Pearls Mag