Intimate Conversation with author Rae Lori

Meet author Rae Lori

Author of the new release A Kiss of Ashen Twilight
(To be released February 2nd, 2009)

Rae Lori has written comic book and film related articles throughout her writing career. Writing under various pen names, she has written books, novellas and short stories that run the genre gamut of science fiction, fantasy, short roman noir and paranormal romance and many more waiting to drip onto the page. She has published works with Freya’s Bower, Wild Child Publishing and The Wild Rose Press. Her two series The Ashen Twilight Series and The Awakening Series are set to be released in 2009 from Lyrical Press, Inc. and Linden Bay Romance, respectively.


Intimate Conversation with author Rae Lori and Ella Curry of EDC Creations

Ella: Rae, tell us about your upcoming book, "A Kiss of Ashen Twilight", which will be released February 2nd, 2009 by Lyrical Press, Inc.

Ella, let me sum it up for you: Will it be love or death when fairy and vampire come together?An attack on her family drives Ariya to seek protection at the Ashen Twilight House. Once there, she encounters only more danger, along with the dark rescuer who haunts her dreams.

Jace Archane is a vampire on the hunt, and distractions like Ariya are the last thing he wants or needs. But their survival might just hinge on one another when a vicious elemental creature threatens the underground world of Nightwalkers, Lycans and Shifter Elves. Caught between a shared enemy and otherworldly love, Jace and Ariya must unite before fear can tear them apart. Read an excerpt now


Ella: Who did you write this book for?
I would classify A Kiss of Ashen Twilight as an urban fantasy romance. I wrote it for fans of paranormal romance and urban fantasy and also fantasy in general. The speculative genre as a whole offers so much opportunity for some great storytelling and exploring different worlds beyond our own. I grew up loving sci-fi and fantasy for this reason and adding some romance as a backdrop invites the reader to follow these characters as they fall in love, fight the baddies and finally end up together in the end.

Ella: Rae, could you image your life without writing today?
No way! *laughs* I love writing too much and I really believe this has been my dream. I always loved telling stories since I can remember and to be able to do it professionally while getting to know different readers and fellow authors is a dream come true.


Ella: Do you feel writing is for those trained to write or for anyone who has a story to tell?
I think anyone who has a story to tell can be a writer. That's probably what really makes a writer's works attractive to readers. You can teach the basic mechanics of storytelling and all the techniques but if the passion isn't there to write a story and its characters, readers can feel that right away and the story will sadly suffer for it. It's pretty wild but I've seen it happen.


Ella: What is the best thing about being a published author?
Probably getting to know the readers of my stories and interacting with my fellow writers. You really come across a lot of different kinds of people and you see how a story has an affect on someone. Readers and book lovers are really passionate people and they put their trust into an author once they know they can deliver a great story after another. So it's great to see that passion for storytelling in readers and in the authors that pen the stories. It almost seems like a different world.


Ella: When can we expect to see you touring online or on the road?
I'll be working on the next book in the Ashen Twilight series as well as my Awakening series which focuses on different tribes of shapeshifters and some internal political struggles within the groups. I love writing paranormals because it offers so much in the way of exploring cultures in the speculative context.

I'll be touring a lot online, doing interviews, group tours, contests for readers and offering lots of promotional material to tie in with my current releases. I'll also be attending a writer's symposium on Second Life, for those in-world, and have a few conventions in 2009 that I'm currently working on attending.

You can catch where I'm going to be next on my event calendar on my website. Readers are more than welcome to join my mailing list to keep in the know of my upcoming releases and news. :-)

Thanks so much for having me, Ella!

Contact info for author Rae Lori
Email- Rachel@Raelori.com
Website - http://www.raelori.com
Blog - http://raelori.blogspot.com