Intimate Conversation with Bonnie Hopkins

Intimate Conversation Interview with author Bonnie Hopkins



Bonnie Hopkins is a retired Community Relations Consultant who resides in Houston, Texas. She is a graduate of Arkansas A.M.&N. College, Pine Bluff, Arkansas (which has since become the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff). In addition to writing, her time is spent with family/friends, volunteer work, reading, travel, and as needed, God ordained rest, relaxation and restoration.


The Good Girl Reviewers of Seasons
“Seasons is a wonderful, heartwarming book that reminds us all that God is always present no matter what season we are in. The characters and the situations they endure will stay with you long after the book has ended!”



Hello Book lovers, today we will meet author Bonnie Hopkins . She will introduce us to her book Seasons. ‘Seasons’ which is currently on Black Christian News National Bestseller list, effectively demonstrates the presence of God in our recurring seasons of circumstances, as life comes full circle and the characters collide in an explosive turn of events.


Past relationship failures have convinced Jaci Winters she is destined for a life of singleness. But had she been aware of the change of season storm blowing her way, perhaps she would have been better prepared to deal with the virulent battles about to take place for both her present and future seasons.


Maxie Jackson arrogantly returns from the past, confident of his ability to recapture Jaci and the child he callously abandoned two decades ago. But is he prepared for the changes single parenting and survival struggles have made in present day Jaci?


Successful businessman, Jason Gilmore is accustomed to winning, and Jaci is now directly in his sights as his future wife. And no one – not Jaci, with her relationship issues, and certainly not Maxie Jackson with his ridiculous plans, or the vicious stalker and her devious sister, with their threatening actions - will interfere with what Jason believes is God’s plan.

‘Seasons’ offers a compelling, exciting and entertaining story, which encourages and inspires readers to never give up, but to trust God who controls all seasons, and always causes us to triumph through Christ Jesus.




Bonnie please tell us about your journey into writing.
BH:
I am a late bloomer on this writing journey. I took an early retirement a few years ago with the desire to do something different; however, my plan was not God’s plan. He had, without my realizing it, charted the course of my life to prepare me for this purpose. (My entire testimony about this is on my website: http://www.bonniehopkins.com/)


So, unlike many authors, who have always known they wanted to write, it has only been in recent years that God filled me with that desire. Now, I am driven by a deep desire to be a channel of blessing as God sends enjoyable, but redemptive and relevant stories through me to inspire and encourage others. The consistent message that will always be woven through all my books is that God is a God of second changes, new beginnings, and hope for the future.




Bonnie that is a powerful testimony! What is your favorite scripture?
BH: My favorite scripture or quote is found in Romans 8:28, that says: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”



EDC: Where are you from?
BH: I live in the Houston, Texas area, but my roots are in Arkansas.




EDC: Who are your two main characters and what do you like most about them?
BH: Seasons’ main characters are Jaci and Jason. I like these characters because although they are faced with many challenges and adversaries, they consistently pray and rely on God’s power to deliver them.


EDC: What makes your book stand out and would entice a reader pick it up?
BH: The eye-catching front cover of Seasons effectively illustrates the message of the book - that whatever season you may be in, the presence of God covers you; I would then direct the reader’s attention to the book’s reviews and comments (found on Amazon.com, my website, etc.), where this message will be confirmed through statements made by those who have already read Seasons.



EDC: Ultimately, what do you want readers to gain from your book?
BH:
My sincere desire is that every reader will be encouraged and inspired through this story, and indeed, readers seem to receive different messages that uniquely blesses them.



EDC: What is the one most surprising thing you have learned in creating books?
BH: I continue to be surprised by how faithful God is to provide wherever He guides. I now realize just how diligently He navigated circumstances throughout my life to prepare me for this writing ministry, and now graciously provides whatever is needed to enable me to continue to write relevant stories with encouraging, redemptive messages. – Awesome!




EDC: What would you say has been your most significant achievement as a writer? How did you do it?
BH: My most significant achievement on this writing journey is that the first publisher I submitted the manuscript to offered me a contract on Seasons, as well as the second book. Remember, I was a complete novice to writing novels, and hadn’t ever given it much thought. Again, all Praise to God.



EDC: What advice would you give a new writer?
BH: My advice to a new writer is to pray and prepare. Pray for God’s direction and purpose for your life, then prepare by learning everything you can about the industry. Trust me, you will avoid lots of pitfalls! Would I make changes in my journey? Yes. I would have done more of what I advise new writers to do.



EDC: What can we expect from you in the future?
BH:
So many readers have requested a follow-up to Seasons, and indeed, that was my plan. However, my publisher nixed it in favor of Now and Then, Again. But not to worry, readers! Remember the character, Ron, the devilish (but lovable) playboy in Seasons? Well, he has a story that is shouting from my spirit to be told, and I am working on it because it needs to be told. Other stories are also in various stages of completion.


Visit Bonnie's website: http://www.bonniehopkins.com/



EDC: Thank you Bonnie for giving our reader's a gift of encouragement.




Ella Curry, president of EDC Creations

http://www.edc-creations.com/